Will Chambers at centre of assault complaint

Bit of a strawman there, by that logic, Robert Lui is a better pick because he'd have to put in a 'huge effort' to keep his spot.

Also, don't think there is a player who gives it his all more than Cronk...

Notice how I said the result might not be better? I'm just saying I don't agree with using 'effort' as your core reason for him being selected.

It isn't the core value and no where did I stipulate as such.

Didn't realise I'd have to spell that out to some members on here.

It isn't the core value and no where did I stipulate as such.

Didn't realise I'd have to spell that out to some members on here.

You're right you didn't say core reason but it was one of the few reasons you listed in your post and directly compared his effort to what you'd expect from Hunt/Milf which is the part I'm not agreeing with.

Cronk being a better option speaks for itself, it doesn't require a bucket load of reasons to satisfy a contrarian or two.

Cronk being a better option speaks for itself, it doesn't require a bucket load of reasons to satisfy a contrarian or two.

It does if you wish to engage in a discussion, you don't seem the least bit interested in having one regarding it tho so i'll drop it.

(Also Cronks selection is off topic anyway)

Well, if you wanted a genuine discussion surely even you would realise that arguing semantics isn't the best way to go about it.

Just a way to disagree for the sake of disagreeing.

You said something that i didn't agree with so I pointed it out and expressed my opinion on the matter, disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing is a load of shit and not what was occurring.

I don't agree that Cronk will put in a better effort than Hunt or Milford, especially Hunt who has been putting in huge efforts every time he steps on the field this season and that wouldn't change in Origin.

Clearly you misinterpreted even though I already corrected you on it.

Nobody cares about effort relative to ability. Just effort in general. Pretty silly point to get hung up on but I'll leave you to it.

*Waste of time*

Last edited:
Will Chambers be dropped because of the incident? If so, who fills his spot? ...see what i did there ;)

Drop him and bring in Vidot or Copley
He must learn to respect the team and that origin is a privilege not a god given right.

Yeah, he's about one of four players I'd consider dumping for McGuire but in fairness, Ben has always been handy for the Maroons and been one of the better players for us this series.

Yeah have to agree, Pete. Criticism is natural after a losing series but he has been pretty good this year. Strong running in Game 1, in particular was a highlight.

QRL Statement: Chambers - QRL

Police have today advised they will not be further proceeding with a matter involving Will Chambers.

Queensland Rugby League officials, staff and players will not be making any further comment.

So basically confirming what everybody knows. A nothing incident but dumb on Chambers part.

Hope he doesn't fumble on Wednesday.

Credit where it's due, Chambers really stepped up tonight and gave the Maroons a bit of spark on the right.

Aside from one incident where both he and Slater baulked each other (which thankfully lead to an even better result for the Maroons) I thought he did well and his offload in the lead up to Slater's try was important.

Certainly gave Mal something to think about next series.

Agreed Pete....Chambers didn't let anyone down and handled things pretty well.

If Tate does give it away, I can see no reason why we wouldn't keep him there next year.

Credit where it's due, Chambers really stepped up tonight and gave the Maroons a bit of spark on the right.

Sure did. He was good for the most part. Ran strongly, safe hands, and was ok in defence. Justifiable selection IMO.

Aside from one incident where both he and Slater baulked each other (which thankfully lead to an even better result for the Maroons) I thought he did well and his offload in the lead up to Slater's try was important.

FMD my heart was in my mouth when they let it go..... Was just waiting for Hayne or Morris to pluck it out of the air.

You'd think he's definitely got first dibs. What I wouldn't give for JYY back though. :`(

I thought Chambers had a great game .... looked very solid in all aspects.

I'd like to see him there again next year actually.

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Allo
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Bish
  • Johnny92
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  • Foordy
  • Redux
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Behold
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Skathen
  • Mr Fourex
  • Accept
  • ChewThePhatt
  • bazza
  • Hurrijo
  • Pablo
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.