Will Locky fit back in

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
How well wiil Locky fit back into the team when he returns. Wallace and Marsh are doing a great job and the team are playing a different brand of football from the previous few years.

Will the style revert to the Locky oriented style where he controls everything or will he have a seamless return and play within the structures that are working so well ATM.

My hope is he takes advantage of the organisational skills we now have and we see his running game return during the year .

The first two games I don't think Lockyer controlled anything. He left it up to the team, and just roamed around the field looking for opportunities.

He won't go in and take over, he will go in and let wallace control things and inject him self when ever he wants to and where ever he sees something, his brilliant passing game will also give us a 2nd option meaning we have options either side of the ruck and 2 quality kickers, 2 quality 5th tackle options.

Melbourne won't know who to rush, ahhhh good times indeed.

Nashy said:
The first two games I don't think Lockyer controlled anything. He left it up to the team, and just roamed around the field looking for opportunities.

Spot on and that is very ominous sign as he is no longer the focal point of our attack.

Locky can just chime in and put the finishing touches to our attacking raids.

Think it's a load off him actually and one that he needs and has been wanting.He will shine even more. icon_thumbs_u

I'm more interested in if he will play origin this year.

I think it's crazy for him to risk his knee on it.

bob the Smasher said:
I'm more interested in if he will play origin this year.

I think it's crazy for him to risk his knee on it.

He'll be there no worries. Players have played Origin after surgery plenty of times. If the best player in the game is available to play Origin, he will.

This thread is like putting up a thread in a new castle forum will andrew johns fit back in.

Champions always fit in, in any team anywhere, locky's a champion and soon to be most capped Australian player EVER(well if injury free)

well i dont think Locky will be put back to playing for the Dolphins or anything. [icon_wink

he is more dangerous now with the pressure taken off him.

kimlo said:
This thread is like putting up a thread in a new castle forum will andrew johns fit back in.

Champions always fit in, in any team anywhere, locky's a champion and soon to be most capped Australian player EVER(well if injury free)

Actually its nothing like it. Newc never overcame his absence as we have therefore never had the situation we currently have.
They simply reverted back to everything revolving around Johns.

This thread was never intended as any kind of critisism of Lockyer simply a discussion point as to how well he will rejoin the side.

I understand neither did i think it was meant to be a criticism, I understand what your saying, but I'm just trying to say even though the broncs are going good without him, they;ll be even better upon his return :D

Darren Lockyer will play the way he plays at Origin level - letting the guys do their stuff, then calling for the ball and making the miracle play icon_thumbs_u

Nashy said:
Agreed, and that's Lockyer at his best. I want to see more of that.

Frank the Tank said:
Jebadude said:
If the best player in the game is available to play Origin, he will.
Yeah Thurston will be there for sure, but this thread is about Darren Lockyer. Of course Lockyer will be there too.

Go play in the cowboys forum you turkey [icon_non

Can't agree with a tank actually. But each to their own.

Not too many players can guide their club, state and country to victory in the same season. He will be fine, Wallace has shown his more then capable of calling the shots EVEN when Lockyer is there which allowed Lockyer to be more selective in his involvement.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Santa
  • Skathen
  • Scorchie
  • Sproj
  • bert_lifts
  • Broncosarethebest
  • barker
  • BruiserMk1
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.