Votes: 7 38.9%
  • No - His successor will emulate him anyway

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters
I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
More a rant post than a genuine question. This bloke already has the media in his pocket, League powerbrokers cowering in caves and a tonne of pre-existing mates he's accrued in the gambling world with plenty of power of their own to throw around.

The comp has never been in a worse state (yes worse than the Super League War). Only 3 teams at most can be considered true premiership threats over multiple seasons in a field of 16, rule changes that ruin the sport and are driving fans away faster than ever, a drought of quality players despite expansion happening within months and just a general disrespect of what League is and how it's supposed to be played and operated. It's like the guy is a Manchurian candidate for the AFL, that's how bad he's been, but the only ones with any real power to call his actions into question stick their heads in the sand and just fawn over his handling of the COVID era, which was ultimately nothing special anyway....

Is this too much cynicism? Or am I just blind to some positives for the game right now? Because from where I'm sitting it stinks to high hell.

Every person that seeks power has a vision. Not everyone is going to agree. That person seeking power doesn't feel the need to be liked; least of all by us. They whole heartedly believe that the end justifies the means. I live in Victoria. I do not like Dan Andrews, but i respect his ambition and conviction. You need a devil to do the devils work. Wish we had such a coach.

I think it will be one huge fuckup that will be his undoing, till then I can't see it.

I think it will happen inevitably though.

If we are being objective, while the league itself is lopsided like hell the financial side of the coin has never been better, the Pay TV views for Footy games have exploded this year, NRL on average is demolishing the AFL in Pay TV viewership now and while we still lose the free to air viewership, Pay TV views are worth like 3 to 1 in that regard.

If that stays the same till the next TV contract I think Channel 9 will have to use Stan sport to keep the rights and the next deal will be on another planet for a Sport in this country.

I'm almost certain the TV stuff is the reason the Broncos Share price has exploded recently, it's actually a good indicator of the health of the game.

The game has (like all other sports) become a business. It's all about profits and that garbage. It is no longer a sport, but rather a product.

As long as the product keeps making money, the big wigs couldn't give two shits about the quality of play, the state of refereeing, the health of grassroots footy, etc.

They've ruined one of the things I loved the most when I was growing up. It's a shadow of what it used to be. But hey, at least we can learn too much about the players through their Insta accounts, or piss away money on one of the thousands of gambling options we have available, and so forth.

On gambling, it has to be bordering on illegal / unethical surely.

The only real mid-week show each week goes to an add break which has 90% betting ads. As soon as it comes back from said ad break, they have another segment on odds / tips / insert gambling expression here. It’s a gambling addict’s hell.

we'll be rid of Vlandys ... but not before he has completely destroyed rugby league leaving it in a smouldering heap

On gambling, it has to be bordering on illegal / unethical surely.

The only real mid-week show each week goes to an add break which has 90% betting ads. As soon as it comes back from said ad break, they have another segment on odds / tips / insert gambling expression here. It’s a gambling addict’s hell.

I fucking hate how much they push gambling.

I fucking hate how much they push gambling.
I dunno. It’s not too bad. They had a deal a while ago where you got a free jersey if you deposited $50. I put $50 on Brisbane winning, we won, so I finished the week with a jersey, my $50 back, the winnings and closed the account the day I picked up the jersey

I think it will be one huge fuckup that will be his undoing, till then I can't see it.

I think it will happen inevitably though.

If we are being objective, while the league itself is lopsided like hell the financial side of the coin has never been better, the Pay TV views for Footy games have exploded this year, NRL on average is demolishing the AFL in Pay TV viewership now and while we still lose the free to air viewership, Pay TV views are worth like 3 to 1 in that regard.

If that stays the same till the next TV contract I think Channel 9 will have to use Stan sport to keep the rights and the next deal will be on another planet for a Sport in this country.

I'm almost certain the TV stuff is the reason the Broncos Share price has exploded recently, it's actually a good indicator of the health of the game.

If the only coverage ends up being on 9 and Stan Sport I think that's when I give up on the sport.

I think we need Wally and two drunk Newcastle players

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Maroon4life
  • GCBRONCO
  • Broncosgirl
  • Justwin
  • Midean
  • Manofoneway
  • Broncorob
  • Bronx48
  • Wolfie
  • Santa
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Volvo Driver
  • RolledOates
  • FACTHUNT
  • Redux
  • Scorchie
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Jazza
  • Harry Sack
... and 26 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.