Wimbledon

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
Okay, early picks for Wimbledon, I think Roger is a fair chance of going to 15 grand slams and being out on his own. Nadal's form worries me a little. How much pressure are the English press putting on Andy Murray *phew* I'm glad that is not me carrying that weight.

Do you give Stosur any chance of prospering on the grass? My early pick for the women is the grunter Sharapova :shock:

Roger's a special IMO. The monkey's off his back, he'll go back to playing his free swinging effortless poetry in motion and kick butt on his preferred surface.

Coxy said:
Oh...women? Who cares.

lol, I could have almost predicted that one [icon_lol1.

Seriously, women's tennis is so boring at the moment.

It's either a mon....err....Williams sister, or shrieker, or some angry Russian.

Yeh I know, and the grunting really gets under my skin. I seriously cannot sit there and watch a game, particularly where both of them are grunting away like pigs at feeding time.

I'm sure I read recently where Wimbledon have said they are cracking down on the excessive grunting and players will be penalised if they do it too much or too loud.

I think the players association or whatever it is have asked those measures to be in place for it, but no official decision has been made yet.

Going to be judged on volume and length of the shriek apparently....WTF!?

Quiet word is different. I heard Martina (hehe, I originally typed Martian) Navratilova was calling for decibel limits and time limits.

I hate how they call it grunting. It's not a grunt. It's a fucking scream.

Yeah, that's not the article I saw the other day, but I can't find it now - maybe it was a story on the TV news. They definitely had someone from the All England Lawn Tennis Association saying they were going to be issuing penalties for excessive grunting

Yeah I read something about how they would have the power to deduct points or even games from someone?

Yeah Federer as always will be hard to beat on his pet surface.

In saying that I think Andy Murray is in with a decent shot as well. Massive weight of expectation on his shoulders (even though he's not even English) but he's got the all court game to go well on grass.

ethos said:
Yeah Federer as always will be hard to beat on his pet surface.

In saying that I think Andy Murray is in with a decent shot as well. Massive weight of expectation on his shoulders (even though he's not even English) but he's got the all court game to go well on grass.

He capitulated under expectation from home at the Australian Open, a million miles away...with it in his face he's going to crack. I wouldn't be surprised if he made the final though (unless he's on Federer's side of the draw).

If I was a betting man (tennis) I would have a few $'s on Fed. If only we could go back to the Wimbledon of old fast courts and harder balls and somebody who can serve/volley may have a chance of winning. **** this baseline crap its so boring and shouldnt be sighted at Wimbledon.

Draw has opened up immensely for Del Potro and Roddick. I think one of those two will play and lose to the annoying Swiss in the final.

Don't really care about the Women's - the most likely winner of which are men anyway. No interest at all except for Magdalena Rybarikova.

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.