Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
St Helens vs. Sydney Roosters
Totally Wicked Stadium, Sunday 23 February 2020
Kick Off 5:45am

St Helens

2. Tom Makinson 3. Kevin Naiqama 4. Mark Percival 6. Jonny Lomax 7. Theo Fages 8. Alex Walmsley 9. James Roby 10. Luke Thompson 11. Zeb Taia 12. Dominique Peyroux 13. Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook 14. Morgan Knowles 15. Matty Lees 16. Kyle Amor 18. Joseph Paulo 19. Aaron Smith 20. James Bentley 21. Matty Costello 22. Jack Welsby 27. Lewis Dodd 30. Tom Nisbet

SYDNEY ROOSTERS

1. James Tedesco 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Angus Crichton 4. Joey Manu 5. Brett Morris 6. Luke Keary 7. Kyle Flanagan 8. Jared Warea-Hargreaves 9. Jake Friend 10. Siosiua Taukeiaho 11. Sitili Tupouniua 12. Mitchell Aubusson 13. Victor Radley

Interchange: 14. Sam Verrills 15. Isaac Liu 16. Nat Butcher 17. Lindsay Collins

Reserves: 18. Matt Ikuvalu 19. Poasa Faamausili 20. Asu Kepoaoa 21. Lachlan Lam

Last edited:
I thought I would make this it's own thread despite there being little chance anybody will be up for it. The World Club Challenge doesn't really amount to much more than a trial for a lot of fans but it is a genuine game of footy and it's usually a good indication of where the teams are at.

By and large I expect the Roosters to go in with little change as possible to make the transition easier on their younger players. I'm expecting to see something like...

1. James Tedeso 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Brett Morris 4. Joseph Manu 5. Ryan Hall
6. Luke Keary 7. Kyle Flanagan
8. Jared Warea-Hargraves 9. Jake Friend 10. Sio Siua Taukeiaho 11. Boyd Cordner 12. Angus Crichton 13. Victor Radley

14. Mitchell Aubusson 15. Isaac Liu 16. Nat Butcher 17. Lindsay Collins

18. Matt Ikuvalu 19. Lachlan Lam 20. Poasa Faamausili 21. Sitili Tupouniua

That's the squad I can see them taking over, it will be interesting to see if Robinson decides to blood a couple of rookies while he has the chance. For instance if he gives Egan Butcher, Asu Kepoaoa or Daniel Fifita a run.

Bugger! I think he’ll still be effective running off Keary, especially as he played centre his whole time in Union. He just won’t get the tackling stats so regularly.

probably still be a handy player ... but as a marquee? hmmmm

Cordner has been ruled out for Sydney. I'd presume Aubusson comes into the starting side with Tupouniua coming onto the bench.

Mmmmmyeah I doubt I'll be up at 5am to watch the Rorters lol

Both squads are in and it appears the mail was right, Crichton has been named in the centres and Cordner has been ruled out of the game.

St. Helens' recent form has been scratchy and their record stands at 2-1. They started their campaign smashing Salford in the Grand Final rematch 48-8, then they were shut out by Warrington 19-0 and then against Hull FC they had to come from behind to win 32-18. In a lot of ways, they're in a similar place as Wigan who were 1-1 before their game against the Roosters.

Active Now

• Allo
  • ivanhungryjak
  • GCBRONCO
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • FACTHUNT
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Broncorob
  • Santa
  • Waynesaurus
  • Johnny92
  • Cavalo
  • Foordy
  • kiwi2
  • Financeguy
  • jd87
  • I bleed Maroon
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.