World Club Challenge

Those two players should be openly saying that they are sharing the proceeds equally amongst all players...of course since it is clearly a money grab...they won't be doing that.

Something more like:

Smith and Thurston 30% + 30%
Other 32 players 1% each
Charity 6%
Other (relevant 'people') 2%

Imagine playing for either team knowing that only one player on your team will profit massively from the game. Essentially, you are playing to line your captain’s pockets at risk of a season-ending, or worse, career-ending injury. It just doesn’t seem right at any level.
Well it is a trial match so the other players will probably be focusing on cementing their place in the side. I do agree that it would of been a better look if all the money was donated to charity but the whole point of the headline game is to celebrate the career of mainly JT

The only thing that will make this game worth it, is if Smith and Thurston both get injured.

Last edited:
I’m just guessing that @roo-ted may well be related to Smith or JT somehow and also stands to benefit from this SChAeMe somehow.

Is this going to be like some sort of shitty exhibition match that descends into touch football?

I'm related to both of them. Uncle Cam is buying me a BMW after the match

Make sure you run it on 104 race fuel and fill the tyres with helium.

762kXQ.gif

Don't forget to top up the blinker fluid.

I won't be watching, as I don't agree with the concept

Smith and JT are legends, but so are/were others

It elevates these 2 players as better/more important than any other players in history

And that just isn't right

I won't be watching, as I don't agree with the concept

Smith and JT are legends, but so are/were others

It elevates these 2 players as better/more important than any other players in history

And that just isn't right

Nah, bronze statue at Lang Park is the peak of RL greatness.

Nah, bronze statue at Lang Park is the peak of RL greatness.

That will come for both these guys with Smith having all those 'premiership' years included on the plaque.

Unread

Active Now

• Galah
  • NSW stables
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Johnny92
  • Battler
  • Harry Sack
  • Redux
  • Allo
  • Porthoz
  • MrRobot
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.