World Politics

Porthoz

International Captain
Staff
  • Staff
As much as the Americans may be at their lowest ever popularity worldwide, they're still the nation that dictates a lot of what happens around the world, and as such, we have a vested interest in the result of these elections imo.

This is also probably the most disliked candidate duo ever, where outside of the deluded idiots that are in awe of their respective favourite, most people will end up voting against, instead of voting FOR one of them.

Regardless, what are your thoughts on this upcoming election?

- Do you care?
- Are you worried about the consequences of either candidate's victory for Australia and its allies?
- Can Trump be taken seriously?
- Can Hillary be taken seriously?
- Can either of them be trusted?
- Can Hillary achieve even half of what her husband achieved?
- Can Trump achieve any of his outlandish promises?

I obviously do care... up to a point that is, as I don't believe Trump has a chance in hell of winning, since most electoral votes come from the more educated areas of the United States, where people don't fall for his rhetoric as easily as in the so called "red belt" of the country, where most of his followers come from.

Looking at the GOP's degree of shambles, I often wonder whether they are that dumb, that they supported a lunatic, or whether this was a masterstroke of genius from Trump to destroy the Republicans from the inside?

It certainly is looking like the Democrats are going to win not only the Presidential Election, but take away the Republicans Senate majority, and their ability to block the nomination of the next Justice, who will be replacing the late ultra-conservative Antonin Scalia.

That may not seem too important until you realise how the US Supreme Court could take a significant turn towards a progressive, rather than conservative mindset, jeopardising a lot of corporate interests in the US, starting with the Medical and Pharma establishment, via the Energy sector, Climate change, as well as the NRA's fierce defense of the 2nd amendment current interpretation.

Wouldn't it be nice if Obama care gets improved instead of scrapped, people are treated equally regardless of colour or creed, we contributed less to climate change, and people's right not to be massacred finally trumped the right to bear arms?

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
27.4° S, 153.0° E
Clinton will win, there's no scenario in which Trump wins from his current position unless there's a massive scandal equivalent if not greater than Trump's latest womanising one.

it also feels like while Trump has been quite good at deflecting questions and accusations in the first 2 debates, still seems like he has no idea when he's discussing certain topics, he'll give some vague answer and then just deflect it to a criticism of Hillary or Bill Clinton.

Allo

NRL Captain
It's amazing that Trump is even allowed to run. I figured you at least had to be a politician of some sort, and work your way up to Senator or Congress. I guess the Republicans are that desperate.

Hillary should and will win, but it'd far different if Trump actually had some political nous while being a horrid excuse for a human being (although Hillary isn't much better)

I wish Bernie had been nominated, but sadly he would've lost pretty badly to Trump I think, which says so much about the place. We complain about being forced to vote, but it's better than the popularity contest that comes with voluntary voting.

At least Trump is good for comedy

Last edited by a moderator:

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Out there somewhere
Yes I do care who wins the election. With the power the United States has in the world and our nation's close relationship with Washington I care about how wins it.

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Out there somewhere
It's amazing that Trump is even allowed to run. I figured you at least had to be a politician of some sort, and work your way up to Senator or Congress. I guess the Republicans are that desperate.

Hillary should and will win, but it'd far different if Trump actually had some political nous while being a horrid excuse for a human being (although Hillary isn't much better)

I wish Bernie had been nominated, but sadly he would've lost pretty badly to Trump I think, which says so much about the place. We complain about being forced to vote, but it's better than the popularity contest that comes with voluntary voting.

At least Trump is good for comedy

Trump actually thought of running for president and the governor of New York before but just didn't go along with it, he has also has had something to do with politics since the 80's.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cult3

State of Origin Captain
I have no horse in this race but they're both severely under qualified to be President of the United States. I just wish people would research and gather their own opinions before thinking that Trump is a racist, sexist, bigot and that Hillary is a wonderful woman who has never done anything wrong.

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
27.4° S, 153.0° E
I have no horse in this race but they're both severely under qualified to be President of the United States. I just wish people would research and gather their own opinions before thinking that Trump is a racist, sexist, bigot and that Hillary is a wonderful woman who has never done anything wrong.
Even the most bias Hillary supporter wouldn't claim that.

broncos4life

International Rep
Brisbane
I don't think anyone believes that Hillary is a saint, or even good. Unfortunately one of them has to be picked and she is by far the lesser of two evils... that really says something about Trump.

Tom

State of Origin Rep
I found it hilarious that Trump had some press conference with 4 women who claim they had been abused by Bill Clinton, one of them raped. I really can't imagine it ever happening over here. There is so much shit flinging in this that the actual election and vote is just some pesky little sideshow yet to come.

Dash

NRL Player
Brisbane
It all depends on whether you prefer a Giant Douche or a Turd Sandwich to be running the most powerful country on Earth.

mitch222

State of Origin Rep
It's a very entertaining campaign race. These debates should be done on the Jerry Springer Show.
STEVE STEVE STEVE!!!!

**** me I used to love that show. you would get home at 12 every day for lunch to watch it.

mitch222

State of Origin Rep
Either way, murica is fucked. I think at this rate even Barrack would be a more attractive option for them at the moment to vote for (if they could)

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
It frightens the shit out of me to be honest. Politics has always ran on fear, hate, and lies, but this is just excessive. I still have this weird feeling that Trump is going to win, and he's going to address the nation and say "You fucking idiots, I just proved how easy it is to become the most powerful person in the world", walk away while shaking his head, and every single American is going to wake up and realise how fucking stupid and dangerous the state of politics is.

Cult3

State of Origin Captain
I don't think anyone believes that Hillary is a saint, or even good. Unfortunately one of them has to be picked and she is by far the lesser of two evils... that really says something about Trump.
I am mostly talking about the people who have no clue and just think Trump is bad. I'm not sure if she is the lesser of two evils, I think the stuff she has done is worse than the stuff Trump has said.

mrslong

State of Origin Rep
Patriots Nation
There's a 3rd candidate on the ballot in all 50 States. Independent Gary Johnson. He's far superior than either of the main candidates.

60 Republican Senators have withdrawn support for Trump. That's alarming. Can you believe a republican senator would rather have a democratic president?

CRAZY TIMES.

Vote for Gary Johnson!!!!!

broncos4life

International Rep
Brisbane
I am mostly talking about the people who have no clue and just think Trump is bad. I'm not sure if she is the lesser of two evils, I think the stuff she has done is worse than the stuff Trump has said.
Really?

Trump wants to build a wall
Engage the american military to kill family members or suspected terrorists and other war atrocities
Thinks that guys like Putin & Kim Jung-Un are cool
Pervert, creepy motherfucking pervert - wants to have sex with his own daughter.

All that doesn't even scrap the sides of his scandals.

Hillary is obviously not devoid of scandals herself but they don't come close to Trump.

At the end of the day I could put the past outside for both of them, it's the future that concerns me. At the very least Hillary is intelligent and measured in what she says publicly. Trump is the kind of dim-witted, offensive arsehole that could drag America and it's allies into a full scale world war.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter