World Series Cricket

D

Dave

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Fox 3 show all the old WSC games from the 80's which are fantastic to watch. Great to see guys like Garner, Richards, Hadlee, Kapil Dev etc and watch cricket when it was actually a contest and had some characters playing the game.

Tonight they are showing one of the Australia v Australia A games - gee Australia A had some great young players - Ponting, Hayden, Martyn, Bevan and Langer. That series to me showed just how much Aussies love the underdog - our top cricket team was getting booed by the Aussie fans and everyone wanted Australia A to beat them. I remember Tubby Taylor whinging about how it wasn't right - well Tubby we were sick of you batting for 40 overs and scoring 60 - the young boys had a go at least!

Great memories from cricket in the 80's - tight, badly coloured uniforms (the brown NZ strip - how bad was that!), mullets, terry towelling cricket hats, a packed hill with cans of beer, blokes jumping onto the field to pick up the ball and throw it back and Bill and Tony going at it big time when the Aussies were up against the Poms!

Man I used to love the Australia v Australia A games, they dead set need to bring them back to inject some much needed life back into cricket. I think the problem is as Dave said - there is no characters in the game. Andrew Symonds is probably the closest we've got but went up the shit when he got greedy at the thought of the big bucks being offered in the IPL.

Time to bring the fun back into cricket.

Cricket for me was the best in the 90's, so many legends who were at their peak, Tendulkar, Waugh, Lara, Warne, Wasim, Waqar, Donald, i could go on and on.. these days its all too boring.

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!! World Series Cricket is the best!! I'll be in my element _woohoo_ _woohoo_

Oh wait... Fox Sports 3... that doesn't help me [icon_thumbs_do [eusa_doh [icon_non

World Series Cricket set the sport back 20 years. It took until the mid-90s for the game to recover.

Jebadude said:
bronco_babe77 said:
WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!! World Series Cricket is the best!! I'll be in my element _woohoo_ _woohoo_

Oh wait... Fox Sports 3... that doesn't help me [icon_thumbs_do [eusa_doh [icon_non

This should hold you out for a while.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU1ku6B4ONI

Thanks mate... icon_thumbs_u

But I'm afraid I'm going to need more than that!!! I might have to pull out some of my old cricket videos and see if they still work..

Coxy said:
World Series Cricket set the sport back 20 years. It took until the mid-90s for the game to recover.

Sniff, sniff.....nah, doesn't smell right.

We should time vault this thread, in 20 years we will be looking back on the first ever 20/20's.

20/20 is going to pwn cricket forever.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Porthoz
  • TimWhatley
  • maddo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.