Worst NSW Skipper

2014 gets me because he wasn't on drugs by then....but he was "suspended" because they back dated it remember and wiped it out........He shouldn't have been playing that year. Then the year he smashed everyone was the year he was on the gear.

No surprises all the injuries he copped once he'd come off the gear too.

If I was a NSWelshman I'd be embarrassed he was the captain, especially when there's more worthy candidates like.......ummm.......ok, yeah righto, there's no-one. Maybe at a stretch Jarryd Hayne would have been a good captain.

The future crop looks so much better and apart from Klemmer, Woods and Fatfita look to be above the grub. Blokes like Frizzell, Cordner, Jackson etc could lead the pack out of the gutter Bird and Gallen thought could get them winning.

Lockys last Origin, I think anyway. The game where Qld was 24-0 up and NSW were never in it even after a couple of fluke tries.

Post game Gallen blames the refs for giving Qld the rub of the green by awarding fair tries, sums up his blame culture he created

Lockys last Origin, I think anyway. The game where Qld was 24-0 up and NSW were never in it even after a couple of fluke tries.

Post game Gallen blames the refs for giving Qld the rub of the green by awarding fair tries, sums up his blame culture he created

I remember there was once he actually blamed the refs in his post-match speech on the podium. Was this 2011?

Not sure but even my wife who is a casual observer was likeWTF

Looking back, I think Origin is going to miss Gallen to be honest.

His comments pre and post game sparked the fire. When it was a slow news day and not much was said about Origin, he came out and said something that got everyone fired up and talking about Origin.

He was a character and he did well to promote the game and promote the hatred.

I know of a few people that weren't going to go to Game 3 until he came out and said QLD were bad winners and got everyone fired up and talking about the game again.

Perhaps Gallen turning his back on Smith was done on purpose as his last attempt to promote the game. It definitely will be brought up next year.

We'll see if anyone else can do it next year.

Last edited:
Didn't Gidley captain NSW from the bench? Surely he ranks highly as their worst skipper?

And ordinarily you'd have to say he was the worst. However, he was their best player that series (take their word for it) and showed a willingness to put them team first.

The only time Gal was considered their best player was when he cheated.

He's the Blues longest serving skipper and also their worst.

Didn't Gidley captain NSW from the bench? Surely he ranks highly as their worst skipper?

470227-kurt-gidley.jpg

Still one of the best NRL pics of all time.

And ordinarily you'd have to say he was the worst. However, he was their best player that series (take their word for it) and showed a willingness to put them team first.

The only time Gal was considered their best player was when he cheated.

He's the Blues longest serving skipper and also their worst.

Exactly. He has got off lightly for his cheating imo. IF he was a Queenslander the grubs like Rothfield in the NSW press would be giving it to him big time.

Interestingly, Johns and Fittler giving it to NSW for crying about the on field sledging saying the cry babies from down south should have left it on the field. The skipper was the one crying the loudest as usual.

Just watching the replay of what he reckoned JT yelled at him, it looked more like he yelled f*** you beauty rather than f*** you blues.

Last edited:
They also showed footage of NSW walking off from Smiths' speech. Woods and Klemmer were 2 who actually stayed at the podium and listened to it

Last edited:
They also showed footage of NSW walking off from Smiths' speach. Woods and Klemmer were 2 who actually stayed at the podium and listened to it

I never really saw why people hated Woods. He's a great player, and doesn't have anything dirty about him (except that disgusting hair and beard)...he just has that weird psychotic smile when other people would react violently.

I never really saw why people hated Woods. He's a great player, and doesn't have anything dirty about him (except that disgusting hair and beard)...he just has that weird psychotic smile when other people would react violently.

You must have missed him leading with the knees in the last few tackles of game II.

He wears a blue jersey. That's enough.

Interestingly, Johns and Fittler giving it to NSW for crying about the on field sledging saying the cry babies from down south should have left it on the field. The skipper was the one crying the loudest as usual.

Just watching the replay of what he reckoned JT yelled at him, it looked more like he yelled f*** you beauty rather than f*** you blues.

Well based on the mouth movement, the final word wasn't blues.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • broncsgoat
  • Brocko
  • Dash
  • RolledOates
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Organix
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
  • Fozz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • jd87
  • MrTickyMcG
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Broncosgirl
  • Culhwch
  • Battler
  • Galah
  • Harry Sack
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.