NEWS Write off the Broncos at your peril, they can still take the title

bring in dearden and give him "bad" experience. he'll only get better, and then when we have a proper half, we can give it a shake.
Some dude think it will only destroy this kid, benefit him nothing......

I like Phil Gould's articles.

He's a wonderful writer when he is on song.

This article is a pipe dream though.

Articles published today from all and sundry calling for positional changes and/or replacing players are also nonsense.

The season moves fast. Pretty soon every game will be must-win if we don't stop the rot.

Does anyone seriously think Seibold is going to dump major, long term players from our spine and replace them with fresh faced rookies, under enormous pressure, when every game is pretty much a must win?

A good coach would have made changes in the off season.

Like Bennett did moving on Barba and guys like Hoffman.

Part of me hopes he does do it. Will show the incompetence that is infecting the Brisbane Broncos.

Last edited:
Some dude think it will only destroy this kid, benefit him nothing......
There is a fair argument to it, he could get injured, his body might not be mature enough yet to handle playing against men.

If you're good enough, you're old enough. There's only one way to find out. We pitched Lockyer in when he was 18. Luke Brooks debuted at 18 and handled it just fine. KHunt was 18.

Last edited:
There is a fair argument to it, he could get injured, his body might not be mature enough yet to handle playing against men.

If you're good enough, you're old enough. There's only one way to find out. We pitched Lockyer in when he was 18. Luke Brooks debuted at 18 and handled it just fine. KHunt was 18.

Lockyer played 17 of his first 31 games off the bench and wasn't playing against 120kg super athletes, Lockyer had also played reserve grade and been successful with half a season of Colts- even played reserve grade the day he played NRL.

Dearden has played three ISC and no Colts.

Lockyer played 17 of his first 31 games off the bench and wasn't playing against 120kg super athletes, Lockyer had also played reserve grade and been successful with half a season of Colts- even played reserve grade the day he played NRL.

Dearden has played three ISC and no Colts.

Do you happen to know Khunt and Brooks’s experience before their NRL debut?

Do you happen to know Khunt and Brooks’s experience before their NRL debut?

Brooks played one game of first grade in 2013 after winning the 20s Grand Final the year prior. Even then, Brooks was graded before his time and it's taken a long time for him to play good footy.

Time to write them off:

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of that article sounds harsh, but probably fair. We probably don't have the team to win the premiership.

We are going through another "rebuilding" phase, though I wish we didn't. Roosters never seem to rebuild, they are just amazing at identifying and buying talent to keep going strong. They still produce players, they just buy extremely well too.

Last edited:
A lot of that article sounds harsh, but probably fair. We probably don't have the team to win the premiership.

We are going through another "rebuilding" phase, though I wish we didn't. Roosters never seem to rebuild, they are just amazing at identifying and buying talent to keep going strong. They still produce players, they just buy extremely well too.

Roosters had a shithouse season a year or 2 ago. Forget which one but they missed the finals. the one Pearce was done for humping a dog.

Roosters had a shithouse season a year or 2 ago. Forget which one but they missed the finals. the one Pearce was done for humping a dog.

It was a supershit season and it made me happy, but they weren't really rebuilding. Every other season under Robinson they were right up there, and look like the best side again this season.

It was a supershit season and it made me happy, but they weren't really rebuilding. Every other season under Robinson they were right up there, and look like the best side again this season.

Yes, it's amazing what buying 2 1mil\season players in one off season will do. Believe they still have some wiggle room in the cap too.

It should be emphasised that Gus said these 'young' guys and he mentioned Gillett as being sadly missed. He never once raps the experience of Macca or Boyd, indeed he ignores Boyd completely. How very diplomatic of him.

Yes, it's amazing what buying 2 1mil\season players in one off season will do. Believe they still have some wiggle room in the cap too.

I could be misremembering but I remember having the conversation on here with @Unbreakable where he basically gave the Roosters credit because they tried the rebuild, it didn't work, so they just went ahead and bought Keary and a host of others.

It reminded me of The Simpsons where Mr. Burns gives up on getting Homer into shape and just pays for his liposuction.

For the life of me, I can't remember how the topic came up. Maybe I shared my theory that rebuild seasons in Rugby League are a myth to try and gets fans to stick around?

Unread

Active Now

• Mick_Hancock
  • Johnny92
  • Battler
  • Harry Sack
  • Redux
  • Allo
  • Porthoz
  • Galah
  • MrRobot
  • Footy Fanatic
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.