CRICKET WTC and Ashes Tour of England

If he was a NSW'men he'd be in there for sure

Is Abbott in the squad? He’s been going alright too. Marcus Harris has done pretty well also. Labs has made a bucketload of runs, Smith some as well. Handscomb has made nothing.

Neser pretty much has to be parachuted into the squad and picked at 8 for the WTC game and the Ashes opener. Hazle is apparently battling to be fit, Starc has a crap record in England (but is guaranteed to be picked), and Boland is a fine bowler but an absolute walking wicket.

I'm not a fan of Marsh at all, however he has pretty good bowling record in England. With Neser in the side you could potentially play Marsh at 7, Neser at 8, Starc 9, Cummins 10 and not lose anything with the bat.

Neser pretty much has to be parachuted into the squad and picked at 8 for the WTC game and the Ashes opener. Hazle is apparently battling to be fit, Starc has a crap record in England (but is guaranteed to be picked), and Boland is a fine bowler but an absolute walking wicket.

I'm not a fan of Marsh at all, however he has pretty good bowling record in England. With Neser in the side you could potentially play Marsh at 7, Neser at 8, Starc 9, Cummins 10 and not lose anything with the bat.

With Green though, you don't need Marsh in the side. But yeah, given Hazlewood's issues, Neser really should be shoehorned in.

1. Head
2. Khawaja
3. Labushagne
4. Smith
5. Green
6. Hardie
7. Carey
8. Neser
9. Starc
10. Cummins
11. Lyon

That's what I'd go with but yes I know Hardie isn't there and neither is Neser.

David Warner being picked just proves Australian selectors are cooked. Sorry Candace.

Inglis coming home for a due baby and Pierson going over for first two Tests.

I don’t like Marsh but I don’t think he is competing with Neser for a spot. Neser wont ever bat in the top 6 and Marsh won’t ever be treated as an all rounder whose bowling will need to be relied upon. Marsh is our bat ball response player if bat all hijacks the series. Thing that doesn’t help Neser as well is he is over there. Unless of injury I don’t think he was getting a run in the first few tests so really he is better off playing county whilst being a couple hours from the team if emergency strikes.

Warner has announced his retirement plans:
- Sydney test next year
- ODI World Cup
- T20 World Cup

Jack Leach is out of the Ashes with a back injury

Take this with a grain of salt, a pinch of pepper or whatever but I heard a whisper from a relative of a coach within the England squad that the BCCI has been leaning very heavily on the powers that be in England Cricket to ensure the Oval wicket is as spin receptive as possible for the WTC final..

just had a scout for some visuals of the wicket and it certainly doesn’t look like a ‘Bunsen’ ..

Pretty surprised by the market for this match.. India @ $2.75 looks a big price for a team I believe has the cattle to beat Australia under any conditions..
9127F908 B8F0 4580 8253 7E24EC8B2753

Can’t believe this is tomorrow. Head to Head, this is super tight. Based on what I think the teams will be:

1. Sharma
2. Khawaja
3. Labushagne
4. Smith
5. Kohli
6. Green
7. Whoever India’s keeper is
8. Jadeja
9. Ashwin
10. Shami
11. Cummins

Can’t believe this is tomorrow. Head to Head, this is super tight. Based on what I think the teams will be:

1. Sharma
2. Khawaja
3. Labushagne
4. Smith
5. Kohli
6. Green
7. Whoever India’s keeper is
8. Jadeja
9. Ashwin
10. Shami
11. Cummins
Now that’s a lineup that could say ‘**** you Bazball’

Aussie bats don't do well when the ball swings or spins and on English pitches, India's attack I fear will be way too much to cope with. I so hope I am wrong.

I'm really interested to see what Australia goes in with. I really hope they go with Neser, he's absolutely banged down and destroyed the door with how he has gone over there this season. It is a shame really that outside of the current top 6, Australia doesn't have anyone else begging for an opportunity because I fear for Warner lasting six tests over there.

I think they will go:
1. Warner
2. Khawaja
3. Labushagne
4. Smith
5. Head
6. Green
7. Carey
8. Neser
9. Starc
10. Cummins (c)
11. Lyon

That looks a really well balanced side. I hope Warner tries to Bazball it because if he just tries to graft and survive, I just don't think he will last long again.

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • Tim K
  • Broncorob
  • Bish
  • TimWhatley
  • FACTHUNT
  • Santa
  • Pablo
  • broncos4life
  • Financeguy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Allo
  • Tmac
  • Waynesaurus
  • mieko
  • lynx000
  • BroncosAlways
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.