Your 2013 team.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Well time to start thinking about next year. so with that in mind the team i would like to see take the field in 2013 is:

1. Hodges - moving him to the back would make it harder for the defense to contain him and make him more dangerous.
2. Maranta - was good in his stint this year, looks promising.
3. Reed
4. Copley - moving Hodges would give us a chance to play him in his best position.
5. Not sure who we can play here, see who impresses in the trials. (possibly Kahu)
6. Wallace - I think he would be a better 2nd receiver.
7. Hunt - A natural half, best off playing there.
8. Hannant
9. McCullough
10. McGuire
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Parker.

14. Hala
15. Gillett
16. Gibbs
17. Wallace

im in support of Hodgo at fb as long as he does the small things right, he can be guilty of being lazy

I don't think Hodges is a viable season long fullback. People are just over-reacting to a few good minutes IMO, plus it would weaken us immeasurably at centre.

I still vote for Norman rather than Hoffman, but wouldn't object to Kahu being given a shot. Either that or we sign someone.

I don't think Hodges is a viable season long fullback. People are just over-reacting to a few good minutes IMO, plus it would weaken us immeasurably at centre.

I agree with you there. Hodges showed we need an attacking ball player at FB, but I just dont think he could sustain it for the whole season. If he was younger, I reckon he could do it, but he is probably a bit too far at the back end of his career.

I really dont know how to solve the FB problem we have. Norman I think could be a good FB, he certainly is not a 5/8th. I remember the commentators saying Maranta has played FB, so he may be an option? Or mayble Kahu, I'm not sure what his preferred position is though?

Anyway, my team would be something like:

1. Norman/Maranta/Kahu
2. Yow Yeh
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Copley
6. Wallace
7. Hunt
8. Hannant
9. Macca
10. McGuire
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Parker
14. Gillett
15. Hala
16. Dodds
17. Gibb

Whitchurch and J Wallace somewhere in the mix too

Last edited:

Completely agree. If Hodges was 23 I'd be all for chucking him at fullback but that chance has passed now.

Completely agree. If Hodges was 23 I'd be all for chucking him at fullback but that chance has passed now.
I'm a huge Hodges fan but centre is his position, it's just too late to change.

All that said I wouldn't mind him chiming in at fullback more often during the season next year. He's easily our best back and we need him to have the ball more often, at centre he gets no quality ball.

Well if we want to chuck someone new in the mix I say go with Kahu, his been unlucky with injuries the past two seasons but was always in contention for a spot in the side at sometime this season, we need to inject some fresh blood into this side. Also it's time for Wallace to go back to his natural position of 5/8th and give Hunt his natural position of halfback, both would stand to benefit from it.

I've never seen Kahu play. Does he have any creativity to his game at fullback? That's almost the biggest requirement for a fullback these days, they play like a classic 5/8th in attack.

I think we may be forgetting how good Yow Yeh is.

If he's fit he's first choice winger without a doubt. His combination with Hodges is a huge plus for our team.

I really, REALLY hope Yow Yeh can get back to his best because he's our only back who has that explosive speed to break a game open. As much as I doubt it, it is possible. Only need to look at Tate.

Yow Yeh needs to come back in, no doubt. I'd persist with Hoffman at fullback to start the season. He's shown he can play in the past, and I think he deserves another shot. Norman hasn't shown anything in the halves, so he should be gone. Wallace at six and Hunt at seven. Hold on to Norman as a utility that can play fullback, centre or back row in a pinch.

Front row rotation worries me a little. I hope Hala pans out - he showed promise.

Was nice seeing yow yeh walking around after the game.

its a bit of a worry looking forward to 2013 as i dont really feel like we're in any better position than we were at the start of this year. plus we're losing players.

maccas game didnt really improve/develop as much as we might have hoped.
norman would get a pass mark if you're being nice, but below par to be honest.
wallace is wallace. he is a constant in what you'll get from him.
hoffman has regressed.
thaiday and parker seemed weak towards the end of the year.. both probably carrying injuries but thaiday didnt provide what a captain should in terms of leadership.
reeds season was worse than last years.
gillett was just bad this year.

hmm :/

Macca is that rare sort of player who I think generally hasn't moved an inch in either direction since his debut season. OK, he is a bit inconsistent, kind of like a cos wave, but on average he's exactly the same as he was when he started 4 years ago.

Macca is that rare sort of player who I think generally hasn't moved an inch in either direction since his debut season. OK, he is a bit inconsistent, kind of like a cos wave, but on average he's exactly the same as he was when he started 4 years ago.

We have just gotta hope he finds another level. We don't have anything in the halves so we need a gun hooker.

**** next season is a long wait.

the team certainly needs the lay off though.

We have just gotta hope he finds another level. We don't have anything in the halves so we need a gun hooker.

See as much as I think Macca can get better he's the least of our worries.

What we REALLY so desperately needs is either a very good/creative 6 or 7 and either Hoffman return to form or another fullback all together. I will say it again. DO EVERYTHING TO TRY AND GET SHAUN JOHNSON! If Gee/Griffin don't even explore this then they are fools.

Yow Yeh to fullback if he makes a full recovery IMO.

I just watched Broncos Insider who had an update on Yow Yeh and he's confident he'll be back next year so I'm going to be positive that he'll make a good return.

Active Now

• Battler
  • Spike
  • ChewThePhatt
  • NSW stables
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.