Your Anzac Test Teams

I was wondering how Dugan had gone 68 minutes without getting an injury. Blokes made of more glass then Tedesco

Holy shit, I haven't seen Parker run that fast in years

Woods and Bird have been missing too.

Very happy to say the Broncos players on field didn't shame themselves tonight. I can't say much of the same for the rest. Awful.

My god Taupau's aggression is astonishing. He had more impact than any other player tonight.

Alex Johnston has been useless. He has barely done anything at all despite catching a bomb early and hasn't been looking for any work at all, I would be surprised if he has even ran the ball 5 times.

Because Jennings doesn't pass.

New Zealand played very well.

Got to give them a lot of credit, that was one of the best performances I've seen from a New Zealand side. Strong attack, committed defence - they gave the Kangaroos nothing and it played into the Kangaroos performance.

I'm very concerned about the Australians. Thought that was one of the worst performances I've seen from Cronk, Smith and even GI was off. They've still got Morris and Gallen to return but they're going to need a few players to step up if they want to retain their spot as the #1 team in the world. The Kiwis are catching up and may surpass them at the World Cup.

As for the Broncos, really liked what I saw from Sam and Parker did some good things but also got caught up in trying too hard.

1. Dugan was deadset fucking useless. I said it was stupid to pick a bloke who has never played wing before to play wing in an international, and by golly gosh, I was right. Caught out of place so many times, and just seemed to wander around the field randomly on attacking raids. Broke down as per the usual, and we saw Luke Lewis take his place, and do a better job at it.
2. Does Jennings know how to pass? Johnston never once received the ball from him.
3. We just don't seem to play with the same pride as NZ. I don't thin anyone on their team really stood out, but they all just seemed to be playing with more passion. We were going through the motions.
4. Taupau must take angry pills. That throat slit sign was classless though.
5. Inglis must have played his worst game ever. That miss on batting the ball out at the end of the first half was despicable (although I am pretty sure he did the exact same thing against England last year on that controversial no try to Charnley).
6. Bird is just dumb.
7. Tamou is still secretly playing for NZ, yeah?

I missed watching the majority of the game and was listening on the radio. Sounded like Dugan was caught out of position a number of times. Understandably of course.

Edit: Lol, never mind. Just went back and read some of the comments.

That was a fucking awful display. Parker best of the Aussies but disastrous on the whole.

Scary thing seemed to be that Cooper and Thurston could not click at all... Hopefully not a sign of Origin.

Parker was fantastic but yeah.. Really, really bad.

Will this be the end of Sheens?

To one of the stats lovers on here, is Sheens the worst Australian coach so far?

We just had no answers whatsoever tonight and were beaten by a far superior team in all facets of the game. Full credit to the Kiwis for how they dug deep in defense on their own line in the second half and didn't let us back in the game but we just were no good and things must be looked at.

Greg Inglis - Came up with some big plays at times but made some huge brain explosions that cost us dearly especially on half time. Tried his heart out but nothing paid off. 5/10

Josh Dugan - Was very disappointing on debut. Made some good runs I thought and didn't stop trying but was caught out by Manu twice and got injured towards the end. 3/10

Will Chambers - Has turned out to be a better player than what I thought he was going to be. Managed to score a good try but like Jennings didn't get any smooth ball to weave much. Made our only line break by a back as well and topped the tackle count for the backs. 6/10

Michael Jennings - Like Chambers didn't get any quality ball and had minimal chances to make an impact. Tried to create something with his speed but was all in vain. 4/10

Alex Johnston - Was barely sighted and did almost no work at all and didn't go looking for anything, caught a bomb very well early in the game but that was it. My criticism of him was proven correct. 2/10

Jonathan Thurston - Had a poor game and was unable to take any chances when we had opportunities to fight back after the break. Was a huge let down after his great club form for North Queensland. 3/10

Cooper Cronk -
Like Thurston he didn't play well enough for my liking and when chances were being presented you would expect great players like Corn Chips (my nickname for Cronk) and Thurston to be setting up there men left right and centre. It was another let down on his club form. 3/10

Matt Scott - Made some very strong charges and got the Kiwis on the back foot in the second half but I didn't sight him at all after that. Pretty sure Sheens was up to his tricks again, we could have used him and he would've been vital in the second half. 5/10

Cameron Smith - Played one of the worst games i've seen him play. There is very few players in the game I respect more than Smith but he should have lead the team a lot better and he can play a lot better as well. 4/10

Aaron Woods - Worked himself hard as always and topped the 100 meter mark as he always does for the Tigers and I thought he made some good ground with the ball especially in the first half. 6/10

Greg Bird - Was an unusually ordinary game form him considering how well he performs in the rep arena. Could have done a lot more. 4/10

Sam Thiaday - I thought him along with Parker and Chambers was our best player. Scored a very good try early in the game and ran the ball back hard and injected life into a flat Australian attack. Topped our tackle count as well with 34 tackles. Really good to see him get back to his form of the past. 8/10

Corey Parker - What a champ this bloke is. 19 hit ups for 213 meters and 27 tackles in a beaten team is a great effort. Made the most meters for us as well. 8/10

Bench

Luke Lewis - Was played out of position in the backline and was unable to play the game he is used to. 3/10

Trent Merrin - Another player I was disappointed by. I'm a big fan of Merrin and was stoked to see him get a test debut but it was another let down on his club form, he at least worked hard in defense but was unable to pop an offload and his footwork wasn't on display. 4/10

Nate Myles - Got no idea how he got selected and didn't do very much. 4/10

James Tamou - Another lucky selection but looking at the stats he did a lot better than what I thought. Came up with 12 hitups for 118 meters and made 23 tackles which is a good contribution coming of the bench. 5.5/10

That was a ****ing awful display. Parker best of the Aussies but disastrous on the whole.

Scary thing seemed to be that Cooper and Thurston could not click at all... Hopefully not a sign of Origin.

Parker was fantastic but yeah.. Really, really bad.

Parker was good but he threw 2 risky and ineffective offloads after otherwise good runs. One of those was on the 2nd tackle deep in NZ half.

Will this be the end of Sheens?

To one of the stats lovers on here, is Sheens the worst Australian coach so far?

It depends on how you look at it.

He doesn't have the worst win-loss record, it's actually very good and won back the World Cup. He has one of the best win-loss records when it comes to coaches that have coached over 20 games. This is only his 4th loss since taking over, but 2 of those losses resulted in us losing the Four Nations trophy.

Last edited:
Parker was good but he threw 2 risky and ineffective offloads after otherwise good runs. One of those was on the 2nd tackle deep in NZ half.

At that point it was Hail Mary plays to try and steal the game and he was the only one looking dangerous.

Australia still had plenty of time when he was throwing those passes.

It wasn't like that one near the death was the only one and he got lucky with another one as well.

Dugan is only somewhat good at centre. He has the same problem as Hoggman at FB/ other spine positions, and isn't athletic enough to play on the wing. NSW are in trouble if he's selected at the back.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Morkel
  • Foordy
  • eggstar10
  • Allo
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • GCBRONCO
  • MrMoore
  • kiwibronco
  • Jazza
  • Fozz
  • Justwin
  • ezpz
  • RodF
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Redux
  • broncs30
  • marw
  • Strop
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.