Your Four Nation Squads

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Thought I'd get the ball rolling to give us something to mull over while we wait for Friday's epic. :)

Can list any squad you want, even the Welsh if you feel up to it. But as an Australian fan I'll just keep it easy.

Australia
1. Billy Slater
2. Akuila Uate
3. Greg Inglis*
4. Justin Hodges
5. Jharal Yow Yeh
6. Darren Lockyer
7. Johnathan Thurston
8. Mat Scott
9. Cam Smith
10. Keith Galloway
11. Luke Lewis
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Paul Gallen

14. Cooper Cronk
15. Ben Hannant
16. Anthony Watmough
17. Josh McGuire**

18. Darius Boyd
19. Chris Lawrence
20. Daly Cherry-Evans
21. Tim Mannah
22. Robbie Farah
23. Corey Parker
24. Nate Myles

*Could be out due to injury. If he is, bring Lawrence into the starting side, Jennings onto the bench.
** Comes down to eligibility. If he's out then go with Weyman...I guess.

Not the best 24 man squad Australia could possibly boast but without so many props, and so many props out of form I think it's the best we can do. Went with Myles in the end largely because he can cover both prop and second row. Considered naming Bird as he can be very handy off the bench but Myles' versatility won out.

No Kurt gidley?? I call bs. I look forward to seeing how many tigers sheen can get into the side.

F**k Kidley. Wouldn't make my B squad either. He'll likely take DCE's spot but he sure as s**t doesn't deserve it.

If we see the likes of Tuqiri or Heighington in the squad it'd be a joke.

Lol I agree champ haha. I reckon gillett could be a sneaky chance. I doubt McGuire will get a gig because of the Samoa thing but boy does he deserve an Aussie jersey. Can't see Darren going on this tour anymore either.

With the prop situation you mentioned, how about Gallen at prop? Kinda worked for NSW.

I'd actually like to see Dave Taylor make it if he's fit. I reckon it'll be LOLZ watching him destroy the Poms.

I like your squad.

If Lockyer doesn't play then 7. Cronk 6. Thurston 14. Farah.

McGuire deserves a bench spot without a doubt.

Gidley shouldn't be in any rep team but I think he'll be first selected at 14 as much of a joke as it is but he is automatic selection in every team.

1.Billy Slater
2.Akuila Uate
3.Greg Inglis
4.Justin Hodges
5.Jharal Yow Yeh
6.Darren Lockyer
7.Jonathon Thurston
8.Matt Scott
9.Cam Smith
10.Paul Gallen
11.Sam Thaiday
12.Luke Lewis
13.Corey Parker

14.Cooper Cronk
15.Keith Galloway
16.Nate Myles
17.Dave Taylor

F**k Kidley. Wouldn't make my B squad either. He'll likely take DCE's spot but he sure as s**t doesn't deserve it.

If we see the likes of Tuqiri or Heighington in the squad it'd be a joke.

Very unlikely that Heighington will make the squad as he has agreed to play for England.

Hannant doesnt deserve to be anywhere near the team IMO.

I think we mark hannant pretty hard. I'll be surprised if he isn't picked

To be fair to him he has been playing injured a lot of the year. He's been epic the last few weeks.

You only need to look at Wallace to notice how carrying one can mess with your game.

To be fair to him he has been playing injured a lot of the year. He's been epic the last few weeks.

Hmmm, I think epic is overstating it somewhat. He's been stronger, but still not anywhere near as good as he can be.
McGuire's performances are the definition of epic of late.

I think we're marking him pretty fairly. He's underperformed for his pay packet.

He looks unfit to me. Needs a big summer. Hasn't been disgraceful.

Active Now

• lynx000
  • Allo
  • LGH
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Brocko
  • Financeguy
  • Harry Sack
  • Sproj
  • Battler
  • Mr Fourex
  • ChewThePhatt
  • theshed
  • GCBRONCO
  • Big Del
  • Wolfie
  • Aldo
  • Browny
  • the_next
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Alec
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.