Your Latest Tech Buy

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by ningnangnong, Aug 31, 2015.

I'm liking the Razer gaming mouses.

They are rather simple designs, but they are good. The shape of the mouse is good, it fits in the hand perfectly. I like some of the buttons being on the side where the thumb is.

The Deathadder Essential is a good mouse.

Harry Sack and Nashy like this.
  1. Love a simple mouse. Have never felt comfortable with the ones with like 8 buttons next to your thumb.

Edit: Love thumb buttons, I just don't see the need for excessive amounts

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
  2. Some of them are just dumb.

[​IMG]

Never thought I'd see the day that you said a bad word about that company.

3. I’ve never liked the ones with a lot of buttons either.

This is the mouse right here. As I said, it’s a rather simple design but it’s quite a good mouse. It’s a good fit.

90A97126-0392-4BC9-BA96-837F0F5F907F.jpeg

Harry Sack likes this.
  4. Has anyone tried a vertical mouse, and if so, what did you think of it?

5. I tried a couple over in Taiwan, they are quite popular there.

They felt weird at first, but after a while they felt quite nice in the hand and I did feel I had more control of the mouse.

With the usual mouses, my hand would kind of arch up a bit which would mean less control but that doesn't happen with these mouses. Plus, the ones I did try had a sort of grippy texture to it which also helped with maintaining good control. Still, I just couldn't bring myself to buy one because I just couldn't get over the look of it.

They are meant to be designed to be more comfortable, though.

Porthoz likes this.
  6. Only briefly. Felt bloody weird having my hand in that position but operating the mouse wasn't a problem. I can imagine that if you had to use one, you'd get used to it fairly easily.

7. soup

soup

Sorta tech, and sorta not...

My latest buys that I’m very happy with:

image.jpg
    Awesome knife sharpener!

image.jpg
    82V Victa 21” mower. Battery all the way for me now.

image.jpg
    Absolutely incredible phone/camera.

image.jpg
    Sweet little image projector for tracing out enlarged images on canvas/art paper. Aldi $50.

EDIT: #muststopspendingcash

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
  8. We just bought the exact same lawn mower.

I like it a lot.

soup likes this.
  9. soup

soup

It mulches beautifully and has heaps of power hey. I get through about 400sqm on a single battery which means I’ve got the second battery for the blower skin that I’m about to buy. Highly rated gear with a 5yr warranty. Can’t go wrong!

10. Renegade

Renegade NRL Captain

Had a copperhead and have had a deathadder the last 5 years or so.

Awesome mice. Really miss the copperhead though.

On topic:

I bought a ps4 with rdr2 and crash bandicoot ... i think my console days are behind me, played a few hours of crash, couple more of rdr2 ... just can't get into it.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
  11. How much do you pay for this if you don't mind my asking? Is that the one made by global? I use full size Japanese water stones for my knives, but anything with a bolster is a pain in the arse to sharpen on them.

soup likes this.
  12. soup

soup

Yep, it’s the Global Knives one. I paid about $60 with free postage from kitchenwarehouse.com.au. They’re doing the Black Friday sales atm. Awesome piece of kit.

Harry Sack likes this.
  13. soup

soup

Just sharpened all my knives and for the first time they’re sharp enough to shave with. Love it.

Harry Sack likes this.
  14. Cheers. I might look into one actually although I'd like to know an estimated grit of the stones instead of rough, medium and fine haha. Could be just the thing for the pain in the arse knives at work

15. soup

soup

20% off until midnight tonight.

Harry Sack likes this.
  16. Not exactly a buy but I got two of these.

My uncle hangs out at department stores looking for anything they might be throwing out. Not sure why they would throw out these but I guess they couldn’t sell them or maybe they were just old monitors they were using in the store. I think it was Good Guys he got them from, but not sure.

I’m going to do a bit of work to them so I can use them as a computer monitor. They are bigger than the one I’m currently using which is a 27”.

EAD21CA8-74ED-4021-8F10-8DDB43DA8A2F.jpeg

17. You're random as **** mate, I'll give you that.

18. Renegade

Renegade NRL Captain

most places write them off and purchase new ones, hospitals do it. usually a broken pixel or something pretty minor.

your uncle sounds shady.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
    Porthoz, Nashy and soup like this.