Your Latest Tech Buy

Huge

State of Origin Rep
Ipswich
noun
the action of denying something.
"she shook her head in denial"

I posted that definition because of the fellow sitting next to me right now. He bought a 2 TB thumb drive for $ 7.95. In fact he thought it was such a good deal he bought two.

I'm no expert on computery things but I do pay attention to science programmes and I had an uneasy feeling about the claim that a thumb drive can hold that much. I thought if such a thing existed it would cost many hundreds of dollars and after checking I found it was indeed a scam. The thumb drive actually holds about 30gb.

He's here now and brought up the drives telling me they'd arrived at his home during the last break. He'd ordered them a month back. I knew they were dodgy after research at the time but said nothing.

Just now I tried to steer him to check out all the info on the web but despite site after site saying it was a scam and numerous YouTube videos demonstrating same he utterly refuses to accept it's shonky.

Total denial. He plugged it into the work computer and sure enough it indicates storage of 1.9gb but every site told him it's a fake. I showed him a 2019 thumb drive with 1tb storage at a cost of over $400 US and he simply said ' why would anyone pay that when you can get twice as much for a hundreth of the price!!!

How clever he is.

soup

State of Origin Rep
T’ba
noun
the action of denying something.
"she shook her head in denial"

I posted that definition because of the fellow sitting next to me right now. He bought a 2 TB thumb drive for $ 7.95. In fact he thought it was such a good deal he bought two.

I'm no expert on computery things but I do pay attention to science programmes and I had an uneasy feeling about the claim that a thumb drive can hold that much. I thought if such a thing existed it would cost many hundreds of dollars and after checking I found it was indeed a scam. The thumb drive actually holds about 30gb.

He's here now and brought up the drives telling me they'd arrived at his home during the last break. He'd ordered them a month back. I knew they were dodgy after research at the time but said nothing.

Just now I tried to steer him to check out all the info on the web but despite site after site saying it was a scam and numerous YouTube videos demonstrating same he utterly refuses to accept it's shonky.

Total denial. He plugged it into the work computer and sure enough it indicates storage of 1.9gb but every site told him it's a fake. I showed him a 2019 thumb drive with 1tb storage at a cost of over $400 US and he simply said ' why would anyone pay that when you can get twice as much for a hundreth of the price!!!

How clever he is.
Morkel Morkel? Is that you with Huge?

Harry Sack

State of Origin Rep
Joined the Ryzen gang last week when my 3700X was finally delivered. Pro Tip: Never order something like that from Harvey Norman. I ordered on the 26th of July and received it on the 20th of August. Long story short, they put them up as available for purchase when they had no stock and absolutely no idea when they were getting any.

Anyway, in the process of doing all of that I decided to do a bit of a clean out of some drawers and boxes and discovered I had about 5TB worth of 3.5inch drives and roughly 4TB of 2.5. Picked up one each of Simplecom's 3.5 and 2.5 tool free drive enclosures. The 3.5 is a touch on the expensive side at $27 but the 2.5 @ $12 is excellent.

Last edited:

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Joined the Ryzen gang last week when my 3700X was finally delivered. Pro Tip: Never order something like that from Harvey Norman. I ordered on the 26th of July and received it on the 20th of August. Long story short, they put them up as available for purchase when they had no stock and absolutely no idea when they were getting any.

Anyway, in the process of doing all of that I decided to do a bit of a clean out of some drawers and boxes and discovered I had about 5gigs worth of 3.5inch drives and roughly 4gig of 2.5. Picked up one each of Simplecom's 3.5 and 2.5 tool free drive enclosures. The 3.5 is a touch on the expensive side at $27 but the 2.5 @ $12 is excellent.
With all those gigs you might be able to fit a bluray movie on there. Don't use them all at once, mate.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter