Your Mobile Phone(s)

subsbligh

NRL Captain
So take a look at the real cost of an SMS. They are business, they don't have to explain why they charge the money they do, they just need to make money.

Being a big Whirlpool reader, there is no way I would stray away from the big 3.
It's more about the fact consumers are blindly willing to pay between $20-$30 more per month "premium" and be locked into a 2 year contract to go with the big 3 (particularily Optus Mobile and Vodafone) for little real benefit and I find it curious.

Each to their own.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
It's more about the fact consumers are blindly willing to pay between $20-$30 more per month "premium" and be locked into a 2 year contract to go with the big 3 (particularily Optus Mobile and Vodafone) for little real benefit and I find it curious.

Each to their own.
Just because you personally haven't had to call, doesn't mean others don't.

I also get subsidised handset prices, and I can pay them off over 12 or 24 month periods if I so please. That's something the smaller operators can't and don't do. While I understand some people don't mind buying phones outright, I am terrible at saving, so it's convenient for me.

Also on the big operators (not T) we have access to their range extending devices if required (I have one).

Anonymous person

Banned User
i just flat out refuse to sign a 2 year contract for a phone, or even 12 months, these days. data/call allowances are always going up every few months, prices are getting cheaper....why be unable to change for 2 years just so you can pay slightly less for a phone?

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
i just flat out refuse to sign a 2 year contract for a phone, or even 12 months, these days. data/call allowances are always going up every few months, prices are getting cheaper....why be unable to change for 2 years just so you can pay slightly less for a phone?
On Vodafone I am committed to the $79/month cost. I am on their $100/month Infinity plan. I was just looking at the $60 Infinity plan, I think that is going to suit me better. They will change it for me, free of charge, with no re-contract. If it's not enough, I can move it again.

So don't worry. Generally if you ask for the revised plans, you'll get them. I've not been knocked back by Telstra or Optus in my dealings with them.

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
I'm not sure of any company that locks you to that plan the entire time, When i was with Telstra I was able to change my plan to whatever suited me no problem online.

user_nat

NRL Player
Sunshine Coast
I'm loving the size of the 8X. Wasn't sure if I would like it coming from the smaller HTC Mozart (3.7 v 4.3), but I couldn't go back now. Actually feels smaller in pocket also.

Coxy

International Captain
My Samsung Galaxy S2 just had a screen death :( My fault...dropping it face first on the tiles is not the way to treat it...glass shattered. *sigh*

Still works, but I'm going to have to put a screen protector on it so I don't get glass splinters. lol FML

Coxy

International Captain
I dropped my iPhone for the thousandth time. On the road. Into incoming traffic.

I don't know how the screen has not shattered into a million pieces.
Yep. Even my Galaxy S2 has been like a cat. I've dropped it on the road, it's fallen out of my pocket while I've been riding, it's had heaps of harsh treatment and the screen hasn't shattered. But Saturday it just obviously wasn't going to put up with my mistreatment anymore.

I've got a screen protector over it now, so I can use it OK and not get glass in my fingertips :P

Kris

State of Origin Captain
Man, ever since I've upgraded to iOS6, the battery drains really quick! It's annoying me.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
It's apparently an issue that Apple is aware of and will no doubt fix when they are ready.

Have you turned all the iCloud sync shit off?

Kris

State of Origin Captain
It's apparently an issue that Apple is aware of and will no doubt fix when they are ready.

Have you turned all the iCloud sync **** off?
I only sync my contacts on iCloud so I don't think it would drain so much batter cos of that?

Porthoz

International Captain
Staff
Third Rock from the Sun
I only sync my contacts on iCloud so I don't think it would drain so much batter cos of that?
If iCloud sync turns your phone radio constantly on, it really doesn't matter how little the amount of data is transferred, as it is the radio itself that drains the battery.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I think they need to make it so it can be loaded onto any Android device.

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Well as long as the boot loader is unlocked (which Samsung does) it should be compatible as they'll be developing for same architecture anyway.
HTC HD2 is a good example, it can run Android and Windows Phone 7 and 8, I imagine they would probably mod it to run Ubuntu too.

I hope Ubuntu eats into Google's market share because Google are complete d*cks. "Do no evil" is a joke of a motto.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WYNNUMMANLYBRONCO

Members online

Twitter