Your Mobile Phone(s)

lynx000

NRL Captain
Waiting to win lotto
I sure am, personally I'm using the 6 but I got it for $400 on FB marketplace so at that price it was a super easy choice.

What made me specifically go for the 6 over the 6T (price aside) is the 6 has a headphone jack and the 6T does not. If the headphone jack means little/nothing to you, then the 6T is definitely a better phone. Slightly nicer screen, bigger battery, finger print scanner under the screen, slightly nicer camera, etc. They have the same processor and hardware otherwise, so long term they should perform the same, get the same updates, and be near identical functionally.

6T definitely a better phone so if it's within $100-$150 or so, I'd probably get a 6T but if you can grab a 6 at a much better price I'd recommend that instead and you keep a headphone jack, which for me is valuable.

-----------
All that being said, the OnePlus 7 is expected to be announced/released in May, so it's near the end of the product cycle. If you're not in need of an urgent upgrade, I'd recommend you pick up a 6/6T on special when they dump in price, or buy the 7 which going off the rumours looks damn awesome.
Thanks mate much appreciated.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
My dad upgraded to the S10 and he got it today so he is going to give me his S9 because I am getting fucking sick of iPhone.

Not bad for a hand me down.

The screen will need to be replaced eventually but I'm debating whether I should do that myself or just put in the shop. Depends how much it would cost to replace the screen on an S9 by putting it in the shop?

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
My dad upgraded to the S10 and he got it today so he is going to give me his S9 because I am getting fucking sick of iPhone.

Not bad for a hand me down.

The screen will need to be replaced eventually but I'm debating whether I should do that myself or just put in the shop. Depends how much it would cost to replace the screen on an S9 by putting it in the shop?
You can't buy the genuine screens for less than the Samsung repair.

Wolfie

State of Origin Rep
You can't buy the genuine screens for less than the Samsung repair.
You can actually get them from aliexpress for about 170, but considering the Samsung genuine screen are only about $250 anyway i'm not sure its worth the risk.

Wolfie

State of Origin Rep
Where would the best place be to order a oneplus 7 pro from? Really like the look of this phone, seems a bit of a beast.

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Xiaomi won't ever I reckon.
OnePlus is owned by BBK who own Oppo who have active retail channels in Australia. Oppo are the shitty more expensive versions of OnePlus and Australian consumers are suckers who buy heaps of Oppo so they don't have an incentive to undercut themselves with OnePlus.

I'd love for OnePlus to come to Australia officially but I just don't see it happening in the near future unfortunately.
Its really about time the likes of Oneplus and Xiaomi had a better presence over here.

Wolfie

State of Origin Rep
Xiaomi won't ever I reckon.
OnePlus is owned by BBK who own Oppo who have active retail channels in Australia. Oppo are the shitty more expensive versions of OnePlus and Australian consumers are suckers who buy heaps of Oppo so they don't have an incentive to undercut themselves with OnePlus.

I'd love for OnePlus to come to Australia officially but I just don't see it happening in the near future unfortunately.
Didnt Xiaomi have a store in Sydney at one point?

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Didnt Xiaomi have a store in Sydney at one point?
If they did I missed it. I don't think Xiaomi sell directly in any western country last time I checked. I'd be very surprised if they ever came to Australia, would love if they did though. Real competition in the market here would be amazing.

Wolfie

State of Origin Rep
I've got an old mate 9 pro I want to give one of my kids but it's got a cracked screen. Anyone know if cost wise it would be worth doing? Struggling to find anything about them

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I've got an old mate 9 pro I want to give one of my kids but it's got a cracked screen. Anyone know if cost wise it would be worth doing? Struggling to find anything about them
Probably cheaper to throw it away.

$300 + for a screen repair.

Wolfie

State of Origin Rep
Probably cheaper to throw it away.

$300 + for a screen repair.
Holy crap on a cracker. I know the mate 10 pro screens are nowhere near that price. Think i'll just invest in a couple of Xiaomi's for them

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Holy crap on a cracker. I know the mate 10 pro screens are nowhere near that price. Think i'll just invest in a couple of Xiaomi's for them
Yeah the Mate 10 Pro is like at least $150 cheaper part cost. Don't ask me why, I don't care enough about Huawei to check.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Vodafone offered 20% off plan fees, so I upgraded to a S10 today. Should get it Tuesday. Picked up a Spigen Ultra Thin Exact Fit Cover for it too.

Phone cases are named like condoms now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter