Your Mobile Phone(s)

Wolfie

State of Origin Rep
My Daughter has an oppo a73 she wants unlocking from optus. Anyone know of anywhere that can do this? Cheers.

Smartseal

QCup Player
Vodafone offered 20% off plan fees, so I upgraded to a S10 today. Should get it Tuesday. Picked up a Spigen Ultra Thin Exact Fit Cover for it too.

Phone cases are named like condoms now.
How are you liking the S10?
My Sony has started wigging out a bit at times, so might be in need of a new one.
Can you get heavy duty cases & screen protectors for the S10, my work environment can be hard on phones (lots of dust)

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
How are you liking the S10?
My Sony has started wigging out a bit at times, so might be in need of a new one.
Can you get heavy duty cases & screen protectors for the S10, my work environment can be hard on phones (lots of dust)
I really like it. The only thing I don't think is better over the previous models is the in screen fingerprint reader. It's not as good as the 9s on the back.

Otterbox will make cases for it. Pricey, but good. Usually find a decent price online. Also, S10e is worth a look if you don't want the edge.

Smartseal

QCup Player
Can the fingerprint be disabled? A lot of the time I have gloves (thin medical type) on.
Can a pin be used instead?
Cheers

Porthoz

International Captain
Staff
Can the fingerprint be disabled? A lot of the time I have gloves (thin medical type) on.
Can a pin be used instead?
Cheers
Yeah, you have multiple options to login. From memory, at least:
- Pin Code
- Pattern (less safe)
- Face recognition (will not work on Nashy Nashy 's face)
- Finger Print
- Other nearby device, like a smart watch for example.

I actually really like the finger print on the screen, although it is a bit more sensitive. It allows to login far easier if you can't get to the back pane of the phone (charging on wireless cradle, in the car, etc...)

Loving my S10+ 5G, although it screwed me around yesterday when it rebooted (I had it set-up to reboot every Weds at 3 AM), and no sound worked until I actually logged in. No phone calls came through, no messages, not even the frigging alarm... lucky I didn't sleep in too much!

P.S. Only touch your phone when parked in the car! 😬

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter