You're now in charge of the NRL

A brand new Rugby League video game series. Gimmick of the game will be celebrating the history of the game with Wally Lewis, Andrew Johns, Stacey Jones, Adrian Morley etc. involved. There would a Ultimate Team type of mechanic for online play. The focus would be to make it a fun video game for casuals, as opposed to a hardcore Rugby League game. Try to make it affordable, and then create a freemium model.
I dont think this can be understated enough.

The only reason I know anything about American sports is because of games like Madden, 2k and NHL, soccer from Fifa, etc.

Video games is basically how I learned the rules and general tactics of the sport.

If someone was using NRL games to learn the sport they'd think you just pass wide and run around the opposition.

An actual good video game of NRL could be an opening to kids that don't know anything about the sport

I dont think this can be understated enough.

The only reason I know anything about American sports is because of games like Madden, 2k and NHL, soccer from Fifa, etc.

Video games is basically how I learned the rules and general tactics of the sport.

If someone was using NRL games to learn the sport they'd think you just pass wide and run around the opposition.

An actual good video game of NRL could be an opening to kids that don't know anything about the sport
Problem is games cost a fortune to make and the NRL market is tiny comparatively.

The NRL really should try to talk to Microsoft though, make them do a deal with EA for gamepass, give Microsoft/EA some prominent sponsorship in exchange for agreeing to develop a game. They literally have the entire engine/mechanics to copy from NFL/Fifa, it's really just a graphics overlay to convert it into a rugby league game.

Its simple, add a draft, add a trade period. This is demonstrated by the AFL. Nothing happens over the off season for the nrl but in the afl trade period it is very exciting. The trade period and draft will top dickeads like tpg joining a club with 4 weeks left. The trade period is essential towards the game and brings excitment and atention in the offseason.

Active Now

• Thelmus
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Manofoneway
  • Griffo
  • BroncoFan94
  • K-Style
  • achievedrap
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • bb_gun
  • BroncosAlways
  • Sproj
  • Locky field goal
  • Wolfie
  • broncos4life
  • heartly87
  • ChewThePhatt
  • winslow_wong
  • Big Del
  • Culhwch
  • Johnny92
... and 38 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.