You're the coach now

If I was the coach now I would sack myself.
Hot tip from Harvard for seiplod:

First things first, to state the obvious, I march into Paul White's office and tell him flat out "This is my footy side. If you can't respect that arrangement (you know, the same arrangement that any successful footy club needs), then fire me right now". His response would tell myself a lot about how unnecessarily stressful this job is really gonna be.

Assuming White and the Board got the picture about the footy and business sides of the club being 100% separate, my first port of call is Boyd and Milford. Boyd gets one last chance at fullback to prove he can still be useful for something, and if he dogs it he's gone for good and can retire sitting on his ass at home being nagged by the wife. Milford on the other hand needs a couple of weeks warming the bench to wake him up to himself. If being benched doesn't send a rocket up him, he is free to explore his options elsewhere or to take a pay cut. If the reserve grade were actually still going, he'd be playing there.

That's the reality though at the moment, nothing tangible can be done until the end of next year judging by who is off contract. This side desperately needs a full pre-season or two and a clean slate with some major signings.

Outs: Darius Boyd, Jack Bird, Brodie Croft, Jamil Hopoate, Tom Flegler, Alex Glenn, Anthony Milford, Corey Oates, Jordan Kahu, Joe Ofahengaue, Matt Lodge

Ins: Harry Grant, Ryan James, David Nofoaluma, Josh Papalii

This should leave us with a big war-chest going into 2022, when I would be making a big money play for RTS. Lets face it, we're in for some lean years beyond this one, we may as well plan for the long term. If we discover a revelation at fullback between now and then than fair enough, but I'm not seeing it in any of our youngsters at the moment.

2023 Broncos:

1. RTS
2. Nofoaluma
3. Farnworth
4. Staggs
5. Coates
6. Paix
7. Dearden
8. Haas
9. Grant
10. James
11. TPJ
12. Papalii
13. Carrigan

14. Turpin
15. Kennedy
16. Ballemor
17. ??
Bullemor gone to the Raiders

Active Now

• Battler
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Morkel
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Big Del
  • Culhwch
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Cavalo
  • GCBRONCO
  • Bish
  • Fitzy
  • Skathen
  • Broncosgirl
  • bazza
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.