Yvonne Sampson leaves Nine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: NRL Player Movement and Rumours 2016

What???? She is the ONLY thing channel 9 had going for it. I can't believe that, what a bunch of complete idiots.

What???? She is the ONLY thing channel 9 had going for it. I can't believe that, what a bunch of complete idiots.

Yeah, and Gould and co know that.

It costs a shitload, it has ads, it has shit shows and channels, but she just made Foxtel worth it.

It depends on her role...

Her best work was on The Footy Show where she produced some amazing feature stories on player welfare, Fiji Rugby League, charity work etc.

I can't see her being afforded the same opportunity.

Best-case scenario, FoxSports completely changes their pre and post-game production with Vonny hosting everything. She'd be an automatic upgrade on Matty and Shirvo.

Fox has announced that they have poached Yvonne from Nine:

1. http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/yvonne-sampson-signs-with-fox-sports/news-story/216caac5383e4c6878a5c97b44a705f
  2. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3993572/Television-star-Yvonne-Sampson-ditches-Channel-Nine-Fox-Sports-pay-TV-network-prepares-launch-24-hour-NRL-channel.html
  3. http://www.sportingnews.com/au/league/news/fox-sports-officially-sign-yvonne-sampson-channel-nine-nrl/1jecindm1904h161w0ei25wdz5
  4. http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-act/yvonne-sampson-signs-with-fox-sports/news-story/216caac5383e4c6878a5c97b44a705fd

At a time when the NRL are desperately trying to get women in the game, this is a bit of a blow.

She will still be involved in the game though? She was the last thing Channel 9 had going for them. If anything it's a blow to them, not the game.

Nooooooooo, i don't have foxtel. She was the best thing about nines coverage.

She was an actual good RL personality for 9, good signing for Fox.

Welp, looks like I'm renewing my Foxtel Play

Good career move, why would she waste her time with the drongos on 9.

Don't blame her. Gould, Sterlo and co are probably happy as Larry too. She was the only professional one. Like in our final vs GC where where she is the only one saying "but they got the call right" at half time and fulltime about the penalty try. They ignore her for 80 mins then act angry that she called them out on their bullshit and ruined their delusions. Am going to have to think seriously about getting fox.The old men will be happy there is nobody to call them on their bullshit anymore. But at least you still have Erin Molan hey 9, I mean she's pretty bright lol.

Last edited:
She will still be involved in the game though? She was the last thing Channel 9 had going for them. If anything it's a blow to them, not the game.

Still a blow to the NRL. Girls of all ages watched in part because she was there - I dont think its safe to assume they all have Foxtel and will migrate over.

Definitely deserves it own thread, us free-to-air audiencees are devastated. Certainly won't be watching pre and post-match coverage anymore. Not that we get much of that in Melbourne anyway as Channel 9 are a reflection of the NRL when it comes to being professional.

Nooooooooo, i don't have foxtel. She was the best thing about nines coverage.

The ONLY good thing about nine's coverage.

Still a blow to the NRL. Girls of all ages watched in part because she was there - I dont think its safe to assume they all have Foxtel and will migrate over.

More girls watch rugby league because they find the players attractive. I don't know a single person who watches because of Yvonne Sampson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• BroncosMan
  • Organix
  • Broncorob
  • bb_gun
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Battler
  • I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.