2019 Broncos Line-up

To me a realistic scenario would have been to not go about it the way we have.
I do agree, but the end result is still the same right - we have to get another coach sooner rather than later, and whoever we get isn't going to be wayne bennett - so if players are going to leave because of that, so be it.

I do agree, but the end result is still the same right - we have to get another coach sooner rather than later, and whoever we get isn't going to be wayne bennett - so if players are going to leave because of that, so be it.

I think most of them would stay if Bennett left on his terms tbh. There arent many coaches though that have the stabalising influence off the field he does with some of the more trouble players. Look at what he is doing for somebody like Opacic as well. He is going out of his way to help him with his game and what he can improve on even though he wont be at the Broncos. That kind of the thing is why the players are so loyal to him.

So you’re after a young, dynamic 37 year old eight time premiership winning coach to replace him?
Maybe we will find someone up to the challenge in the Q cup? Let me have a look.. hmm no one. Weird

The likes of Seibold are still a gamble, which is probably the route we will have to take.

I think anyone will be a "gamble" following Bennett, the odds of us unearthing the next Bennett or Bellamy with our first swing of the bat is extremely unlikely. People need to temper their expectations to an extent, that's not to say we can't land a good coach that'll be with us for the next decade, but people expecting us to hold on to end of the Bennett tether until we can find someone equally as good as him to replace him are just being delusional.

I think most of them would stay if Bennett left on his terms tbh. There arent many coaches though that have the stabalising influence off the field he does with some of the more trouble players. Look at what he is doing for somebody like Opacic as well. He is going out of his way to help him with his game and what he can improve on even though he wont be at the Broncos. That kind of the thing is why the players are so loyal to him.

Do you think this is where the balance tips into the board's job of running the 'business' too much? Premierships are the tangible notion of success and they're impatient, to a degree rightly so. No doubt Wayne wants to win them too, but he'll put the players first always. And that doesn't necessarily guarantee that success.

But I truly doubt this would be happening if 2015 goes our way.

Maybe we will find someone up to the challenge in the Q cup? Let me have a look.. hmm no one. Weird

there are plenty of coaches out their that could have us bundled out in week 1 of the finals like Bennett has

Do you think this is where the balance tips into the board's job of running the 'business' too much? Premierships are the tangible notion of success and they're impatient, to a degree rightly so. No doubt Wayne wants to win them too, but he'll put the players first always. And that doesn't necessarily guarantee that success.

But I truly doubt this would be happening if 2015 goes our way.

I guess they have to run the Broncos as a business, we need to make money, but i'm not sure you can upset the players too much while they are doing it. Like i said, i just think they have handled it badly in terms of how Wayne will end up leaving us.

I guess they have to run the Broncos as a business, we need to make money, but i'm not sure you can upset the players too much while they are doing it. Like i said, i just think they have handled it badly in terms of how Wayne will end up leaving us.

I agree, I guess I was just rephrasing a question you’d already answered. As soon as all the Bellyache stuff came about it was clear they were stuffing this up, which for a club like ours seems to happen more than it should. It was pretty obvious that when Wayne came back it was for good, either until we won a prem or he retired. And with a guy like Wayne around the players, you’ll never have any of them going ‘oh nah the board is right on this’.

I think we’ll be lucky to get another contract out of Tevita tbh. SOS may have kept Lodge from going too for now. Another real sliding doors moment for the club

there are plenty of coaches out their that could have us bundled out in week 1 of the finals like Bennett has
Plenty of players who could too. So when are we replacing Milford?

I think anyone will be a "gamble" following Bennett, the odds of us unearthing the next Bennett or Bellamy with our first swing of the bat is extremely unlikely. People need to temper their expectations to an extent, that's not to say we can't land a good coach that'll be with us for the next decade, but people expecting us to hold on to end of the Bennett tether until we can find someone equally as good as him to replace him are just being delusional.
Third swing

White came in after Henjak, so technically this'll only be his 2nd swing.
I would still call it first swing. They had no other option given how close it was to the season starting to do anything other than appoint Hook.

I dont see Bird as the answer to our halves problem at all. He'd be a running half not an organising one like the one we need. So its no different to the Nik Milf combo .

Also how are people even thinking its a possibility that Paix or Boyd will start? lmao blokes have never played 1 single nrl game and theyre not even 18 yet ( paix might be)
Paix and Boyd areboth 18 but the Broncos have signed Tommy Deardon on a top 30 contact which puts him in front of both these boys and he is only 17

Paix and Boyd areboth 18 but the Broncos have signed Tommy Deardon on a top 30 contact which puts him in front of both these boys and he is only 17

if Deardon is only 17 then he can't even play NRL ... so by default, that puts Paix and Boyd ahead in the pecking rder

Deardon playing today Schoolboy Cup 12.15pm on Fox 502.

if Deardon is only 17 then he can't even play NRL ... so by default, that puts Paix and Boyd ahead in the pecking rder
Deardon will be 18 in march I think next year he is in top 30 squad paix and boyd are development squad

Does anyone think Boyd can bounce back this season, and at the very least add some value to the team?

I personally think this has been one of McGuire's worst seasons. Perhaps he was overshadowed by the likes of TPJ, Lodge and Offa. His defence and lateral movement can both be quite poor. A lot of breaks this season were caused by his lacklustre defence around the ruck. He needs to move back to prop.

Active Now

• Jeza23
  • Behold
  • Culhwch
  • Aldo
  • Foordy
  • Horseheadsup
  • The Don
  • ivanhungryjak
  • heartly87
  • TimWhatley
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • HVbronco
  • Fitzy
  • Manofoneway
  • Jazza
  • Ozired
  • Sproj
  • Mr Fourex
  • FACTHUNT
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.