POST GAME 2023 NRL Grand Final - Penrith vs Brisbane

My final cope to end the evening is that at least we lost to an extremely good side with a roster of juniors they developed. We took them to place they’ve never been before and they managed to come out on top. This would feel far worse if this happened against a rorters, south’s, or storm.
Fair point Battler. Cheers

Reynolds took no responsibility at all in the press conference. I’m off him. Almost all of their points came directly after one of his failed dropouts and he didn’t get us a single repeat set
When were you ever "on him"? You've been his biggest and only detractor around here for a long time now.

ZTop ZTop look at me.

giphy.gif

You've come a long way my friend, I enjoy reading your posts and getting behind your cult players. Tonight sucks absolutely, so be kind to yourself. Treat yourself and get on with life. Sport is just one passion, there's many more out there. More importantly, treat yourself.

Tonight hurts, it could hurt for a long time too. 2015 still hurts because you see in the media the analysts say "you got to lose one to win one", we lost one in 2015 and never really came back the same side. Hopefully this team does come back the same side.
This, this is what scares me.

Fansworth and Fleglar are huge huge huge loses. Palasia not so much.

I can’t see us being any better next year. Reynolds a year older. Maybe Walsh will be a little wiser and not as hot headed but unless some of the fringe players start kicking the door down I think that was our best chance to win a premiership. It’s so annoying. We finally start to play well and lose some of our best players. The difference between us and penrith is they didn’t lose any good players until they had won a premiership. It was basically the same side that played the 2nd GF a year later. We will be missing arguably two of our best players in Fleglar and Herbie.

Of course it sucks to lose established players, particularly when we've all supported them through their developmental periods. It does open the door for others though. Mariner has been impressive and Baker looks promising.

Herbie is a fantastic runner of the footy and he's quite strong, he's just near on hopeless when it comes to passing the ball, which is a problem.

Reynolds took no responsibility at all in the press conference. I’m off him. Almost all of their points came directly after one of his failed dropouts and he didn’t get us a single repeat set
We were hardly ever in our attacking 10. I think we were tackled in their half 4 times compared to their 20 in that first half.

We ended the game the way we started it, so maybe the points we put on quickly in the 20mins after halftime was more the anomaly than the capitulation after it.
That's pretty much how I saw it.

I also think that's the Broncos style. They're not going to grind teams, they're going to put on points and hope that the scoreboard pressure throws the opposition off.

That didn't work against this Penrith side.

Fansworth and Fleglar are huge huge huge loses. Palasia not so much.

I can’t see us being any better next year. Reynolds a year older. Maybe Walsh will be a little wiser and not as hot headed but unless some of the fringe players start kicking the door down I think that was our best chance to win a premiership. It’s so annoying. We finally start to play well and lose some of our best players. The difference between us and penrith is they didn’t lose any good players until they had won a premiership. It was basically the same side that played the 2nd GF a year later. We will be missing arguably two of our best players in Fleglar and Herbie.
Penrith's best player is Nathan Cleary who is absolutely feakish for his age and gets better every season, which more than negates whoever the Panthers lose

Watching the last 20 mins now. At the cleary first try. That was fucking dreadful from Capewell. The missed tackle is one thing. He was out of position by 2m. Dont know what he saw to be in field so much. Horrible.

Disagree.
Palasia, yes. We’ll miss him. Enter Baker.
Flegler - penalty magnet. A bit of a loss. Enter Xavier and Te Kura.
Herbie - selfish piece of shit. Enter Mariner
Agreed. Herbie has been excellent at times this season though. But looking forward to seeing how we kick on from here. We do it with a bit more belief in ourselves for next season

Active Now

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.