2024 NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
He's been good for the Jets in a very average team. Always runs hard and makes ground.

Defence is a little suspect which I blamed on Jets but I see he missed a lot of tackles on the weekend.
Schoupp belongs in an NRL system, I'm just struggling to see the appeal from either side. From Schoupp's perspective, he's been at two struggling clubs and his once promising career has failed to materialise. If I'm seeking a release, I'd either want to go to a top club or get a starting gig.

Manly doesn't represent either.

If I'm Manly, I'd look at the roster and would want some more reliable defensive players. There's plenty of attacking skill, hardly anybody supports Jake regularly in defence.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Schoupp belongs in an NRL system, I'm just struggling to see the appeal from either side. From Schoupp's perspective, he's been at two struggling clubs and his once promising career has failed to materialise. If I'm seeking a release, I'd either want to go to a top club or get a starting gig.

If I'm Manly, I'd look at the roster and would want some more reliable defensive players. There's plenty of attacking skill, hardly anybody supports Jake regularly in defence.

Yes very much a sideways move at best and a step back at worst.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Richardson has reportedly flown to the UK trying to offload a number of players. He hasn't told those players or their managers that they are on the chopping block.

some of the players mentioned:
Brent Naden ($300,000)
John Bateman ($600,000)
Jayden Sullivan ($600,000)
Latu Fainu ($450,000)

Isaiah Papali’i has also been granted permission to leave at the end of the season. His deal included a 15 per cent ratchet clause that has since taken his salary to around $750,000

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
If that Sullivan contract is legit, that’s a disgrace.

I could see a lot of teams including the Panthers going for Bateman and Papalii.

Aldo

Aldo

What, me worry?
Contributor
Jul 7, 2013
If I'm seeking a release, I'd either want to go to a top club or get a starting gig.

Bad Day That Hurt GIF by Tim Poulton

JayPee

JayPee

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2017
Papalii confirmed with the Panthers. Had a down year and a half in a losing system and now is going to kill it.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Papalii confirmed with the Panthers. Had a down year and a half in a losing system and now is going to kill it.

Anyone who goes there is going to kill it, such a good system.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Titans love handing out long term extensions. Brimson wasn't even off contract till like 2026 anyways so why extend now

I'm more interested in seeing what they do with him, Kini and Campbell moving forward, something has to give there. Though that said, I am not sure Campbell's body is up to NRL.

The Strapper

The Strapper

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 21, 2015
Titans love handing out long term extensions. Brimson wasn't even off contract till like 2026 anyways so why extend now
Yeah that's what I thought as well.
Wonder if he's got a bunch of yearly player options like fifita did?

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Brimson is a good footballer but that deal is too long for a guy that has been injured alot. I hope the deal is below market value for a player like him.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Brimson extends with the Titans until 2030!
Didnt he just extend last year for like 5yrs or something??

Titans still cant figure out what to do across their spine.

They've got to figure out how they plan to fit Weaver, Boyd, Kini, Brimson & Campbell into jerseys when 3 of them are best suited to fullback and Weaver barely seems to get a gig. I'm guessing Tanah will move on but they'll probably re-sign him as well.

They've also got 3 hookers in Verralls, Randall and Bryant to figure out what to do with.

That's a lot of roster spots being taken up, but they've got FOMO and want to keep them all whilst adding more to those positions; Foran, chasing BHunt, Verralls & Randall came in seemingly blocking Bryant's pathway, etc.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
AFB apparently unhappy at the wahs. We do have a roster spot available for a little cameo dare I say it

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
AFB apparently unhappy at the wahs. We do have a roster spot available for a little cameo dare I say it
Doubt there is enough room in the cap for him. He is on a mill at the wahs

Unread

Active Now

• Aldo
  • broncos4life
  • Big Del
  • Bucking Beads
  • Wolfie
  • FACTHUNT
  • Galah
  • Inknition
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.