2024 NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Does that mean he has a 'get out' clause every year from 2027 -2033 and can leave anytime he wants during that period?
Pretty much. He'll have to let them know each year whether he's going to stay on for the next season like Fifita has done now. Last contract he had a clause that allowed him to speak to other clubs even while under contract so I wouldn't be surprised if something like that is still in there too.

The Roosters dont have 4 million to spend. Thats just media bullshit. They have upgraded quite a few players themselves. If the Roosters had 4 million to spend, then they would be actively enticing players out of their contracts already and would have signed Lomax when he became available from the dragons. They would be targeting every major player hitting the market with a serious offer.

All this hyperbole re Nick Politis and his bags money .
Are you folks aware Lachlan Murdoch is the #1 ticket holder at the Broncos ?
Young Lachie has more money than Uncle Nick could ever dream of , and more ability to influence opinion than most anyone in the world .

Young Lachie has more money than Uncle Nick could ever dream of , and more ability to influence opinion than most anyone in the world .
Politis puts his money where his mouth is. Murdoch owns the broncos purely for profit reasons. They dont give two ***** about the clubs success as long as they continue to generate news clicks for their media empire.

Pretty much. He'll have to let them know each year whether he's going to stay on for the next season like Fifita has done now. Last contract he had a clause that allowed him to speak to other clubs even while under contract so I wouldn't be surprised if something like that is still in there too.
The titans are nuts writing those sorts of contracts.
They don't even work, they still lost Fifita and for unders!
No wonder the club is in such a poor position on the ladder.

They probably have no choice really. They are banking on players like Fifita making them successful so they dont want to leave and its not working. Compare that to the Dolphins who have recruited really well. They invested in solid players rather than making silly offers to so called superstars. They didnt panic when a few turned them down.

They probably have no choice really. They are banking on players like Fifita making them successful so they dont want to leave and its not working. Compare that to the Dolphins who have recruited really well. They invested in solid players rather than making silly offers to so called superstars. They didnt panic when a few turned them down.
They always have a choice. Now that they know these sort of contracts don't work you would think they will stop writing them although its a little late for Tino's.
The Dolphins will probably achieve more in their first 2 years than the Titans have since they started.

They always have a choice. Now that they know these sort of contracts don't work you would think they will stop writing them although its a little late for Tino's.
The Dolphins will probably achieve more in their first 2 years than the Titans have since they started.

If they want players like Fifita and thats what he insisted on, they really didnt at the time. Thats a result of them not trying to build a solid foundation though. I agree though, you couldnt see them giving out those clauses anymore.

Whats going on here BD.......experimenting with some new English strain?

The Storm have reportedly rejected TPJ

Justin Rodski said:

“He hasn’t been playing rugby league and if we’re going to be looking at filling a gap for our list this year we needed someone that would be ready to come in and play straight away,”

“So I don’t think there’ll be any movement there.”

It seems like everytime the Titans slowly start getting better, they **** it all up by paying ridiculous amounts for a "superstar" who never lives up the the hype. E.g. Hayne and Fifita.

The Dolphins have proved that the NRL is still a team sport. Even for us, as good as some of our superstars are, they can't do what they do without the toilers doing their thing.

The Storm have reportedly rejected TPJ

Justin Rodski said:

“He hasn’t been playing rugby league and if we’re going to be looking at filling a gap for our list this year we needed someone that would be ready to come in and play straight away,”

“So I don’t think there’ll be any movement there.”
****. That means he might come sniffing for crumbs in Red Hill.
**** OFF TPJ!
We’re closed.
Go somewhere else with your empty, mercenary promises of reformed glory.

Gold Coast Titans have entered the chat.

He said he wants a premiership. Out of the likely contenders TPJ is now down to the Roosters and Panthers (again).

Roosters have a war chest but I can absolutely see them signing him for $200k/season and he'd be ripe to have a couple of failed drug tests stashed away somewhere as fallback.

TPJ has posted on his socials that he’s ready come back to football after he got knocked out in his boxing match last night.

Getting KOd in the 1st round has torpedoed his boxing ambitions .
Now less options for pay days .

firstly, I'm sorry but former "Broncos star" he has played with two clubs after he last played with us.

secondly, TPJ was awfully kind to give his opponent his first professional win

and finally, this following quote is going to make hard to find any NRL suitors:

TPJ said:
“I’m not going to quit boxing (forever), hopefully I can get a rematch with Kenny and prepare a bit better.”

TPJ followed it up with:

“This isn’t the end for me, I will go back to footy and see what happens.”

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • cento
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.