2024 pre-season discussion: Pre-season Premiers

Him re-signing will be the thing that will help me the most going forward after our loss.

He is saying all the right things and yes, I know it means jack all until it happens but I have faith after Haas.

Mam told The Courier Mail his “aim” is to “stay” at the Broncos.
“I want to start another generation here,” he said.
“It would definitely be a great opportunity to jump on the bandwagon here with the other boys and make the Broncos great again.
“Seeing Payne re-sign and all the other boys stay here, it’s a huge factor for myself.
“Hopefully we can get that deal done soon. I’ll be here for a long time.

Anyone see the ESL semi final last night?? Great close game but boy, one of the scrappiest you'll ever see. Compare that to the NRL GF and it was like chalk and cheese.

I'm not going to spoil the result if you haven't seen it but it was great to watch.

Lee Briers over in England.

He's been brought on as assistant coach for the England team for the upcoming matches against Tonga.

Wigan vs Hull SF on Kayo for anyone that watches the ESL.

Winner will play Catalans in the Final.

It was certainly the worst kept secret:

"Because of Queensland laws prohibiting the identification of people charged with sexual assault or rape offences at this stage of court proceedings, NCA NewsWire is not able to name the man."​

What happens if TC is innocent… does he become a Bronco again?

Who's gonna parter Payne up front next year? Patty partnering Hass would be cool, but he's been doing so well at 13...

Lets ask Jai Arrow what he thinks.......

🙄

I thought Jai would be too busy making sure his latest "killer" dog hasn't gotten off the chain.....again.

Kobe for no.13....😍😍

Who's gonna parter Payne up front next year? Patty partnering Hass would be cool, but he's been doing so well at 13...

I'm happy to leave it in the hands of the coaching staff.

They might decide that Kobe can bring more value to the starting side, but I think if the decision was made to put him into the 13 and make him the ball playing lock then you're potentially seeing Kobe on the field longer than Patty... because his workload increases at prop and is that really the best thing for the team.

Alternatively if they want to start Kobe, then is there any reason he can't just start at prop?
8. Kobe
10. Haas
13. Patty

Does that lineup really change anything??

Cows do it with their middles
8. McLean
10. Cotter
13. Lolo

We all know that Lolo is effectively a prop for the cows... but they keep giving him the 13 jersey.

Kobe brings tons of value off the bench as a middle with his footwork and defence cutting blokes in half. I believe we started Kobe a couple times over the last 2 years and I've felt his strengths were less impactful when having to deal with fresh bodies.

I feel like Kobe might move into the Palasia role... where he's the back up ball playing lock when Patty is off the field... and I'd love to see if Kobe can handle the edge as well. We're pretty set with Piakura and Capewell rotating through teh back end of the year, but 1 injury in the second rowers and we're starting to run on fumes again.

Patty also just won lock of the year and it's his ball playing and management of the middle third that has been improving year on year... If we pivot over to Kobe as the ball playing long minute lock, there would want to be a bloody good reason for removing Patty from that role. If we're just switching jerseys for the sake of it and Patty will still be the ball player, etc. but with the 8 jersey on, then it's the same scenario as above, but with whoever wearing the 13 having to do the prop's job.

It'll be up to the coaching staff to figure out who plays where next year, but for me I think Jensen starting works, because he's shown that he can weather the storm initially before we bring impact from the bench... and to me a bench of Kobe, Willison and Piakura all bring impact and that worked well even when Flegler was here.

I'm happy to leave it in the hands of the coaching staff.

They might decide that Kobe can bring more value to the starting side, but I think if the decision was made to put him into the 13 and make him the ball playing lock then you're potentially seeing Kobe on the field longer than Patty... because his workload increases at prop and is that really the best thing for the team.

Alternatively if they want to start Kobe, then is there any reason he can't just start at prop?
8. Kobe
10. Haas
13. Patty

Does that lineup really change anything??

Cows do it with their middles
8. McLean
10. Cotter
13. Lolo

We all know that Lolo is effectively a prop for the cows... but they keep giving him the 13 jersey.

Kobe brings tons of value off the bench as a middle with his footwork and defence cutting blokes in half. I believe we started Kobe a couple times over the last 2 years and I've felt his strengths were less impactful when having to deal with fresh bodies.

I feel like Kobe might move into the Palasia role... where he's the back up ball playing lock when Patty is off the field... and I'd love to see if Kobe can handle the edge as well. We're pretty set with Piakura and Capewell rotating through teh back end of the year, but 1 injury in the second rowers and we're starting to run on fumes again.

Patty also just won lock of the year and it's his ball playing and management of the middle third that has been improving year on year... If we pivot over to Kobe as the ball playing long minute lock, there would want to be a bloody good reason for removing Patty from that role. If we're just switching jerseys for the sake of it and Patty will still be the ball player, etc. but with the 8 jersey on, then it's the same scenario as above, but with whoever wearing the 13 having to do the prop's job.

It'll be up to the coaching staff to figure out who plays where next year, but for me I think Jensen starting works, because he's shown that he can weather the storm initially before we bring impact from the bench... and to me a bench of Kobe, Willison and Piakura all bring impact and that worked well even when Flegler was here.
Hoping for a big year from Willisom next year. But yea, I agree keep Carrigan at 13.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.