NEWS Adam Reynolds and Pat Carrigan altercation

Even Donuts has been dragged into it. You ***** who are demanding "something should be done" will be to blame when "something is done."

Don't blame the NRL or the media. They're catering to you. What a fucking sideshow of fake contrition over blokes having fun.

This is such a nothing incident, but I'm glad the club have made Adam and Pat front up to the media this morning.

Take responsibility for your actions. Own your **** up, no hiding.

Even Donuts has been dragged into it. You ***** who are demanding "something should be done" will be to blame when "something is done."

Don't blame the NRL or the media. They're catering to you. What a fucking sideshow of fake contrition over blokes having fun.

Piss off with the "it's you, the fans, who are making a big deal out of it".

It's the media who have described it as a "punch up", "drunken brawl", "an explosive alcohol-fuelled spat", if anything, the early reaction by the fans were in direct response to these descriptions of the incident, which have since been tempered by the video showing it was extremely tame.

Theres nothing left for the media to beat up.
I think you underestimate the media

Screenshot 20240213 095801

Piss off with the "it's you, the fans, who are making a big deal out of it".

It's the media who have described it as a "punch up", "drunken brawl", "an explosive alcohol-fuelled spat", if anything, the early reaction by the fans were in direct response to these descriptions of the incident, which have since been tempered by the video showing it was extremely tame.
Read BHQ

Oh please! What did Reyno do wrong? Looks like he should be applauded for trying to put a drunk friend in a cab.
He's not quite as innocent as he appears to be, but he wasn't the instigator of the whole thing.

It looks consistent with Oates and Reyno trying to get Patty into a cab/uber, on the second video.

Just them not being able to.

Carrigan:

“People make some poor decisions around those sorts of things and I put my hand up for that. I’ve made a mistake and we can just accept this one on the weekend and move forward. I need to be better, in both circumstances, and I own it.”​
"Clearly it was time for me to go home, and I take responsibility for that. We're a really tight bunch, especially me and Adam. I've got a lot of respect for him, he's like a big brother to me. Adam had my best interests at heart, it was clearly time for me to go home. We were mucking around and joking in a public place which we shouldn't have been. I'm lucky as a leader he's there to support me. I wouldn't want to have any other captain or teammate or friend in that regard."​
Reynolds:

"We take full responsibility for what happened, obviously not good enough. We're pretty disappointed in it. As a club we've come a long way with our culture. We're embarrassed, we fully take ownership of what happened. We're a really tight group, we understand it's not a good look. We were there as mates, it started out as a playful fight, a bit of wrestle that got a bit heated. We understand it's not a good look and we take ownership of that. We shouldn't have been there, that's the main message. We were in a public place, we were mucking around and it got a bit heated. We're just glad no one got hurt or injured."​

Kevin Walters:

“We won’t be suspending them. The NRL Integrity Unit is now looking at all the vision and they’ll be obviously doing some interviews. So it’s out of our hands now and into theirs. From our perspective they’ll be on the plane. It’s up to the NRL to give them the all clear. Which I would imagine they would, but again, that’s not my decision. I don’t feel like they let me down. I feel like they let themselves down. Patty is a terrific person, who does so much in the community.”​
"Alcohol is a problem in society, not just in rugby league and we are part of society. At the end of the day, what happened on Sunday night ... no-one condones it, but it’s happened and we have to move on.​
“As a club we have got in and supported our players, but also be respectful of the situation and deal with it appropriately. It’s not a relaxed attitude we have. I have walked in their shoes before and sometimes it’s not easy. Rugby league is a very competitive sport, lots of testosterone and men like to have fun. It got out of hand but it’s not the end of the world, really. It’s not a great example and we’re not proud of it, we all make mistakes."​
“I’m not sure how much alcohol was consumed. It’s not ideal. We appreciate that but we are moving on. The NRL is dealing with it and we will cop whatever they come up with. There’s not much more we can do.”​

If they gave a suspension for this NRL deserves a throat punch.

If they gave a suspension for this NRL deserves a throat punch.
Like I've been saying, the NRL does what it does to shut up the fans. It's all window dressing. Here's an example of the hysteria that ensues every time one of these big boofheads fart. The more fans a club has, and the more hysterical this minority gets, the more they have to do to shut up their caterwauling:

Carrigan:

“People make some poor decisions around those sorts of things and I put my hand up for that. I’ve made a mistake and we can just accept this one on the weekend and move forward. I need to be better, in both circumstances, and I own it.”​
"Clearly it was time for me to go home, and I take responsibility for that. We're a really tight bunch, especially me and Adam. I've got a lot of respect for him, he's like a big brother to me. Adam had my best interests at heart, it was clearly time for me to go home. We were mucking around and joking in a public place which we shouldn't have been. I'm lucky as a leader he's there to support me. I wouldn't want to have any other captain or teammate or friend in that regard."​
Reynolds:

"We take full responsibility for what happened, obviously not good enough. We're pretty disappointed in it. As a club we've come a long way with our culture. We're embarrassed, we fully take ownership of what happened. We're a really tight group, we understand it's not a good look. We were there as mates, it started out as a playful fight, a bit of wrestle that got a bit heated. We understand it's not a good look and we take ownership of that. We shouldn't have been there, that's the main message. We were in a public place, we were mucking around and it got a bit heated. We're just glad no one got hurt or injured."​

Kevin Walters:

“We won’t be suspending them. The NRL Integrity Unit is now looking at all the vision and they’ll be obviously doing some interviews. So it’s out of our hands now and into theirs. From our perspective they’ll be on the plane. It’s up to the NRL to give them the all clear. Which I would imagine they would, but again, that’s not my decision. I don’t feel like they let me down. I feel like they let themselves down. Patty is a terrific person, who does so much in the community.”​
"Alcohol is a problem in society, not just in rugby league and we are part of society. At the end of the day, what happened on Sunday night ... no-one condones it, but it’s happened and we have to move on.​
“As a club we have got in and supported our players, but also be respectful of the situation and deal with it appropriately. It’s not a relaxed attitude we have. I have walked in their shoes before and sometimes it’s not easy. Rugby league is a very competitive sport, lots of testosterone and men like to have fun. It got out of hand but it’s not the end of the world, really. It’s not a great example and we’re not proud of it, we all make mistakes."​
“I’m not sure how much alcohol was consumed. It’s not ideal. We appreciate that but we are moving on. The NRL is dealing with it and we will cop whatever they come up with. There’s not much more we can do.”​

Haha that first video is hilarious. It films right up until they start talking and then stops just as someone says something. Great work there Ted.

Active Now

• RolledOates
  • Fozz
  • kiwibronco
  • Manofoneway
  • dasherhalo
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.