AUS FOOTBALL AFL 2024

If we can hold this lead to three quarter time, I'll start feeling confident.
3rd quarters this season we’ve been the worst in the comp. If we win the 3rd quarter we should be able to win.

If the suns kick the first couple of goals it’s going to get very interesting

Lions need to take every opportunity here. Clug with a bad miss once again.

always missing the shots directly in front.

Hipwood needs to be dropped so badly

Another goalless third quarter by the lions with 8 behinds. Terrible conversion rate.

Ridiculous goal kicking.

No way the Lions hold on here.

What a win! That was so gutsy, I am willing to forgive the skill errors.

Fagan forced into playing youth and look what happens. @Sproj for next coach!

I was genuinely surprised how well Morris went, especially on the back of already playing in the reserves earlier in the day. He literally ran a half marathon. Sharp delivered big time on his promise, he is going to be hard to dislodge from here. Lohmann worked his butt off as did Reville before getting injured himself. The kids are alright!

At the same time, Zorks wound back the clock and played like a 20 year old again and Berry, who I have been very critical of, was fantastic. But hats off to Dunkley, Neale did what he could and did so really well but started fading as his own injury would have hurt more and more and then Dunkley just took the midfield on his back and along with Sharp, just stopped everything coming through midfield. It was really, really impressive. Our defense too, outstanding. They were all out on their feet playing half a game with 1 or no guys on the bench.

It was the best win I think under Fagan and I don't care that the Suns sucked, we didn't really let them play well anyway, despite having no legs left.

Now on to the negatives - injuries of course. The one I feel most for is Linc. He has been so reliable for us after years of injuries at Geelong. He is also like out only reliable set shot at goal and now he is gone. The reason why I feel for him even more than Gardiner is that at Linc's age, he might be done. Basically, it is a two year injury in terms of recovery and then getting back to your best which means he won't really be much good again until he is 33. For a guy who relies on power and agility, well the writing might be on the wall. So sad and I am sure the club will stick by him by as a result, whether he is ready or not, Lohmann's time has arrived and based on last night, boy is he ready. He works so ridiculously hard.

The other negative is the goal kicking, still absolute abysmal and I have no idea why. We are still getting so many shots but just shank them, worst accuracy in the league, it is unbelievable but does show that if we can straighten up, we are still good enough to be there when the whips are cracking. The injuries make is an uphill battle but one I reckon we might be up for after last night. If we beat Adelaide in Adelaide, I will be a believer in this season again.

And the final negative - Rayner. Deadset, the team was out on their feet, working their butts off and he's just...there. If ever there was a game to stamp your authority, this was it. If we didn't have so many injuries, he'd deserve a run in the reserves.

Look at this injury list though:
Ashcroft - Knee - months
McCarthy - knee - season
Coleman - knee - season
Gardiner - knee - season
Ah Chee - Hamstring - one week
Bailey - ankle - one month
Doedee - knee - season
Madden - hamstring - one week
Micheal - knee - who knows
Rovertson - shoulder - 3 weeks

That is a lot of blown knees.

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • Cavalo
  • Skathen
  • pennywisealfie
  • dudemcdude4976
  • Mr Fourex
  • The Don
  • Kev_Guz
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.