OFFICIAL Ashley Taylor to Titans

Should Ash Taylor Be Promoted ASAP

• He's A Dud, Stupid Thread

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Re: Should Ashley Taylor Be Promoted

I liked Lynx post because I agreed with what he was saying in regards to bennett wanting to win premierships above all else... Is that ok?

If our biggest issue is that we lose a talented junior because our incumbents are playing to well, the world won't end

Of course it's ok.

Whichever way you look at it, someone will have to go.

I agree with you as well. This thread has done its dash ... for now

Taylor and Milford both come off contract next year this will be make or break for them at the club. If Milford doesn't hit his straps send down the M1 but if he does then it's goodbye Ashley. A lot could depend on the form of Boyd when he returns as well and what Taylor does in Q cup

but one question keeps bothering me: what happens to Jayden Nikorima? I don't think Kodi will stay I can see someone picking him up this year or the next (my money is on warriors making a play to replace Townsend) but are we sure Jayden is worth letting go for Taylor? Because it's between the two of them for a spot can't have both in the team, we are clutching at straws just to fit them one of them in now

I keep seeing this scenario proposed with Milford being a 7 out of 10 5/8th but will people keep proposing a move to fb if he becomes a 9.5 heading for a 10 ? The guy has played a handful of games ffs ! How can one possibly be so conceited as to think that their premature proclamation has any validity ? I myself have absolutely no idea if he is going to be a premium 5/8.... Reason is obvious, not enough information. Taylor can fucking wait. At the end of the year would be a good time for reflection although we could have some idea after 17/18 odd rounds.

No way should we go off course. I'm supporting WB on this and in no way is it because he has a brilliant football knowledge but because I would do the exact same thing if enabled too. We have Taylor on our books until the end of next year and I have no doubt he and WB will have a chat late this year or early next year. I'd also bet Taylor knows perfectly well that he has a future in Brisbane and in the game and no matter what actions we take now it in no way guarantees he would stay.

I like it better that Hunt and Milford know that someone wants their job and there is a genuine threat for the rest of the year. The future will take care of its self, we should worry about Taylor in May or June next year.

It's pretty obvious that for at least some of the people here Ash Taylor is just a stalking horse for moving Boyd to the wing and Milford to fullback. Realistically there's no need to rend our garments and wail to the moon because of the perceived possibility we might lose one of our promising but untried juniors when he comes off contract in two years in the somewhat unlikely scenario that he is so monumentally shit hot that losing him would be catastrophic but he's still not quite good enough to dislodge either Milf or Bhunt. But still, better sound the alarm bells and move Milf to fullback now so we can restructure our first placed team to accomodate an untested NYC player who hasn't even managed a full season in the juniors yet.

Honestly, it reminds me of a certain political party who, unable to convince anyone to accept their favourite policy, have to keep trying to come up with a new reason to implement whatever piece of shit idea everyone said no to in the first place. The party faithful cheer every new slogan but nobody else is convinced; all they see is a raving mob desperately trying to find some way to justify their predetermined solutions to a problem which doesn't actually exist.

It's pretty obvious that for at least some of the people here Ash Taylor is just a stalking horse for moving Boyd to the wing and Milford to fullback. Realistically there's no need to rend our garments and wail to the moon because of the perceived possibility we might lose one of our promising but untried juniors when he comes off contract in two years in the somewhat unlikely scenario that he is so monumentally shit hot that losing him would be catastrophic but he's still not quite good enough to dislodge either Milf or Bhunt. But still, better sound the alarm bells and move Milf to fullback now so we can restructure our first placed team to accomodate an untested NYC player who hasn't even managed a full season in the juniors yet.

Honestly, it reminds me of a certain political party who, unable to convince anyone to accept their favourite policy, have to keep trying to come up with a new reason to implement whatever piece of shit idea everyone said no to in the first place. The party faithful cheer every new slogan but nobody else is convinced; all they see is a raving mob desperately trying to find some way to justify their predetermined solutions to a problem which doesn't actually exist.

I have made no secret of the fact I think Boyd would best serve us as wing this year with Milford at FB - playing 2nd 5/8. Lockyer played FB for what, 7 years from 20, before he moved to become as Ari posted, a genius permanent 5/8. He in part learned his craft as a brilliant 5/8 at NRL level, from the back, over 7 years, not the least came from not having the pressure of starting in the front line like Milford has had to do at 20, and starting at 19. Maybe Milford will become a superior 5/8 within the year. We all hope so for this year. I do.

But this has nothing to do with Taylor playing in the halves this year which for mine, could, and should happen, only if Hunt and/or Milford were injured, or got to rep level, and that would be subject to Bennett's view of his ability to fill in which i trust.

What's important to me is when Taylor (and Milford) come off contract in '16, and all things being equal, both want to stay. How to accommodate them both and have the best possible side?

For mine, the best, if not necessarily the only way to do that, all things being equal as to form, for 2016, is to move Milford to FB, Boyd to the centres or wing, Hodges to retire, Taylor to half and Hunt to 5/8.

Then there is Jayden and Byrnes, Kahu, and Oates as well. As B4L rightly said, this is just so much speculation and assumption but then, this is what makes the thread interesting for me, but has now reached its limit, for now.

Nevertheless, speculating about the future of promising young talent in this club is for me fun and worthwhile, if no other reason than to look at the best possible, successful futures for this great club..

Last edited:

Played well for Aus jr from what I saw. This kid showed great wheels in that try saver.

Good to see him moving up to ISC, it was bound to happen eventually, let's hope he does great.

it could be worse though. He could play for Norths.
Souths havent looked too bad but just cant find their way through the line. Perhaps he can provide some spark there for them.

it could be worse though. He could play for Norths.
Souths havent looked too bad but just cant find their way through the line. Perhaps he can provide some spark there for them.

48 tries against and you think scoring them is the issue?

Norths 21 tries and 46 against. They're just as bad.

Good to see. Gets him more experience just in case Hunt is on the bench for Qld

Dobbo says on the advice of Andrew Johns saying Ash Taylor is going to be a Superstar.Manly are chasing him hard for next year. But its Dobbo.....

Dobbo says on the advice of Andrew Johns saying Ash Taylor is going to be a Superstar.Manly are chasing him hard for next year. But its Dobbo.....

You never say never, but it's pure slob dobbo speculation again. Manly are looking at every option and non options as they don't have a 6 or 7 and can't sign there own names let al
Joey also said that Tyrone Roberts was the next big thing a few years back too so manly might try sign him too. Hahahahahha

If they do sign Taylor they will still need an experienced half which should be their priority before Taylor. And don't tell me Lyon could do the job

If they do sign Taylor they will still need an experienced half which should be their priority before Taylor. And don't tell me Lyon could do the job

Absolutely dead on, they will ruin the poor kid if they just dump him in there with out an experienced half around him. Also the geriatric pack of forwards they currently have would be even more worrying for a young half to play behind.

Last edited:

Absolutely dead on, they will ruin the poor kid if they just dump him in there with out an experienced half around him. Also the geriatric pack of forwards they currently have would be even more worrying for a young half to play behind.

"Toovey also revealed the club remained interested in signing sacked Cronulla playmaker Todd Carney, as well as poaching promising halfback Ashley Taylor from Brisbane due to Daly Cherry-Evans pending departure to Gold Coast."[Carney has] got a contract in France, but we're looking at all quality players that are on or off contract in the NRL and overseas," he said.
"Both our quality halves are leaving and we need to replace them. (Taylor's) name has been brought up a couple of times but I believe he's on contract at Brisbane.
"He's a quality player, a young player. But we need some experience in that area as well."

New Zealand Rugby League comfortable with procedure to allow Kieran Foran to play Test

Active Now

• ezpz
  • broncos4life
  • Kev_Guz
  • Alec
  • Broncosarethebest
  • eggstar10
  • Locky24
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • mrslong
  • Mr Fourex
  • lakers133334
  • BroncosAlways
  • Jazza
  • heartly87
  • Fatboy
  • Morkel
  • BroncoFan94
  • Rambstien
  • Wolfie
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.