Auckland Nines - Day One

I agree. The first thing I learnt about tackling is to not position your head in front of the player whatever you do. 95% Jakes fault. Feel for Hurrell, he looked quite distressed. Probably for himself and Jake.

Uh, no, that's not even remotely his fault. You're taught to wrap your arms around the player and put your head to the side of their hip, which is precisely where his head was going until he got hit by that fucking tree trunk of a knee. He deserves to be rubbed out for half the season for that. Do we need to have a McKinnon/Ackerman incident from a raised knee before we actually start paying attention to it?

Vossy is the most overrated thing in League at the moment. Talks just as much shit as Gus and Rabs but gets away with it.

I totally agree.

It's only when you compare him to Hadley, Rabs and Gilbert, you start to want him back.

It's like the aids v cancer thing.

Vossy is the most overrated thing in League at the moment. Talks just as much shit as Gus and Rabs but gets away with it.

still a million times better than anyone else apart from Warren Smith.

still a million times better than anyone else apart from Warren Smith.
I disagree. He complains about the rules more than Gus does and speaks so much more shit than both Gus and Rabs together.

Congratualtions to whoever is commentating the Sharks v Raiders game. They have managed to mispronounce literally every players last name. Where do they pull these guys from.

That Kiwi number 18 has a pretty awkward running style.

Surely the Warriors have to win this year?

Paasi is my new favourite player. What an exciting day of footy we have had.

Bonus zone try to the Eels after the Warriors let a bomb bounce.

How did the Eels not score there?

The ball had to be on a string.

Didn't have to wait long, Norman shrugs off a tackle and finds Radradra with a long ball to score a simple try.

Eels 11-0

5 gone.

Last edited:
Beautiful foot-work from RTS.

Eels 11-4

6 gone.

Norman is directing traffic very well for Parramatta. Semi Radradra is one of my favourite players to watch.

SJ off.

Warriors doing it tough.

11-4 Eels

11 gone.

Looks like former Burleigh Bears star Henare Wells has torn his hammy chasing a kick.

Toutai scored.

Eels 15-4

13 gone.

Looks like the Warriors are going to lose again.

can anyone tell me how many tries were scored from the "free play" rule they brought in this year?

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Galah
  • Bucking Beads
  • Foordy
  • Jedhead
  • Xzei
  • Jazza
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Browny
  • Turks85
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • lakers133334
  • Lostboy
  • Allo
  • Financeguy
  • Scorchie
  • Johnny92
  • I bleed Maroon
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.