BBL07 Discussion

Did you even watch it. He ran away from the ball, in what world is that an obstruction.

Plus Bailey can get fucked for appealing for it.

Based on this precedent, I hope any change of line McCullum appeals for obstruction

Running away from the ball has nothing to do with it, if I hit the ball back to the bowler and took a single, the non striker would be running away from the ball but he still can't zig zag down the pitch blocking the stumps.

The rule says wilful. Did he wilfully change direction to stop the fielder hitting the stumps.

And almost impaled the stumps in doing so. How many sliding batsmen end up where he did? Only the ones who are obstructing the path of the ball. The right decision was given.

Keeping his current path would have obstructed the ball. If he did not deviate then the ball would have hit him. If he was attempting to obstruct the ball then he is without a doubt the most stupid fucking player to step on the field, and I am including Shane Watson in that.

Did you even watch it. He ran away from the ball, in what world is that an obstruction.

Plus Bailey can get fucked for appealing for it.

Based on this precedent, I hope any change of line McCullum appeals for obstruction

Bailey showed his true colours last night.

(Law 31.4) - you don't appeal for a specific thing. When a team appeals, the umpire has to consider all the possible ways of the batsmen being out. Hurricanes can't appeal for run out but not obstruction.

(Law 31.4) - you don't appeal for a specific thing. When a team appeals, the umpire has to consider all the possible ways of the batsmen being out. Hurricanes can't appeal for run out but not obstruction.

Bailey himself said that he asked them to check for obstruction. I have no idea what point you are trying to make.

I guess only Alex Ross knows what really happened. Thankfully, it only happened in a T20 match rather than an Ashes Test.

Bailey himself said that he asked them to check for obstruction. I have no idea what point you are trying to make.

Point is that an appeal covers all outs. You don't appeal for leg before but it's missing the stumps but he's nicked it and caught so you're not out.

Bailey can verbalise his thoughts but that doesn't change the umpire giving any out out. The same outcome is reached if Bailey says nothing.

Bailey could have withdrawn the appeal as captain. Captain doesn't ask for you to check caught behind. He appeals and they check it looking at anything that is out- knowing what you're asking obviously because it's normally just that obvious.

Stokes was out a few years ago for obstructing the field that's the only one I can think of recently.

https://www.cricket.com.au/video/be...second-odi-lords-australia-england/2015-09-06

Law 37 states that a batsman is out obstructing the field if he wilfully strikes the ball with his hand, unless it is to avoid injury. The reflexive nature of Stokes' action could have been argued to negate the "wilful" definition, but equally the ball was not coming at him directly, and he held his hand away from his body to strike the ball. Cases could have been made both ways.

Game report at the time.

Highest BBL scores.

Short 122* (69)
Wright 117 (60)
McDermott 114 (52)
Pomersbach 112* (70)
Simmons 112 (58)

Short is the first player since Marsh in BBL02 to hit 400 runs.
His 68% of a team's runs is a record.
He was smart too, saw of Swepson and Shah only scoring 29/23 then against the quicker bowlers 93 off 46.

Pomersbach what a lose unit he was, plucked from the crowd to play for Australia after Hodge got hurt, sacked from WA, Lehhmann gives him a lifeline, smashes for the Heat wins a title and then gone again due to mental health issues.

Things just seemed to find him.

Pomersbach what a lose unit he was, plucked from the crowd to play for Australia after Hodge got hurt, sacked from WA, Lehhmann gives him a lifeline, smashes for the Heat wins a title and then gone again due to mental health issues.

Things just seemed to find him.
Where is he now? Hope he's in a good place, even if cricket is the last thing on his mind.

Khawaja's past six BBL knocks.

85, 70, 104*, 62, 109*, 46*.

Average 158.66- Five 50's in a row which beats Carseldine's four for Bulls' in 2009.

Khawaja hasn't played 20/20 for Australia since September 2016.

Active Now

• marw
  • Broncorob
  • kiwibronco
  • Fatboy
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.