BHQ's Best Ever Broncos Team - discussion thread

Beale said:
Willie Carne was a gun!!!!

Willie Carne = David Williams without the beard?

thats an insult to Carne. he is a 100 times the player Williams is

Foordy said:
Beale said:
Willie Carne was a gun!!!!

Willie Carne = David Williams without the beard?

thats an insult to Carne. he is a 100 times the player Williams is

+ 1 Williams is sooo Farkin over-rated!

No contest with the fullback. Wingers to go up for discussion this week - should be a tight race.

Sailor and Hancock take out the wing spots, and the centres are now up for voting.

Five-eighth now up in the polls. Kev v. Wally.

Centres poll closes in 24 hours. Renouf has one spot sewn up, and unless a miracle happens Hodges will be the other centre.

Still no nominations for Retchless? This is shameful.

The game ain't over yet!

But it is for 5/8. Kevvie in there now. Halfback voting this week, so Langer will be in the #7 this time next week!

Anonymous person said:
no willie carne in anyones team apart from coxys reserves!? shame on you all.

Says he who didn't put Bob Lindner in his greatest ever QLD team.

Considering your/my ages, I can see exactly why you wouldn't put Lindner in. We didn't get to see enough of him and unlike Wally he doesn't quite deserve the automatic selection treatment. Not to say Lindner wasn't great for QLD but we have had plenty of great 2nd rowers since him who we saw plenty of.

Jeba said:
Anonymous person said:
and who would you put lindner in over?

Everyone. He's the first back rower picked.
did you even see him play? iirc youre actually younger than me, and since i dont even remember seeing much of him play, i dont see how you could. you wouldve been 6, going on 7 years old when he played his last state of origin match, yet somehow you remember him being that much better than players like Gordon Tallis and Brad Thorn, who were without doubt 2 of the best second rowers to pull on a jersey for Queensland?

pull the other one Jeb. you dont know $hit about rugby league at age 23, what makes you think you did at age 6?

There's this wonderful invention known as a Video Cassette Recorder. It can be used to put moving pictures on another device, called a "television" ;-)

I'm sure Jeb has watched videos of Origin games in the 1980s and is using that to form his opinion on Lindner.

i think youre giving him too much credit. no doubt he will come in and say yes he has extensively studied them, but i seriously doubt he has.

Actually yes I have watched pretty much every Origin game in the history of the concept using the technological advances as described by Coxy.

those "Best of Origin" dvds come in handy to.

right on time jeb, and exactly as expected. i have also seen pretty much all of them, own every Origin DVD in existence (apart from the NSW specific ones) and have every origin on VHS, including the exhibition match in LA.

but hey, cause Jeb says Lindner is the best hes right apparently [icon_lol1. . just like he was right about halfbacks not being playmakers [icon_wink .

i still stand by my choices. Tallis is the best second rower ive ever seen, hands down. better than lindner. thorn, in his SOO matches, was incredible, and you couldnt have asked for more.

Well no, it's Jeb's opinion that Lindner is better than Thorn and Tallis. He's entitled to think so.

And you are entitled to think Tallis and Thorn were better than Lindner.

That's the beauty of free thought.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Wolfie
  • Jazza
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncorob
  • Spoon
  • broncs30
  • Organix
  • GCBRONCO
  • Browny
  • Gympie devil
  • FACTHUNT
  • Sproj
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Fatboy
  • Justwin
  • leon.bott
  • Financeguy
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.