BJ Leilua charged with assault

Twiztid

NRL Player
Apr 14, 2009
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ng-ex-girlfriend/story-e6frexnr-1226369641763

THE NRL has been plunged into another off-field drama with Roosters star BJ Leilua arrested on Saturday and charged with assaulting his ex-girlfriend.

In news that has rocked the Roosters' preparations for tonight's clash with the Bulldogs at ANZ Stadium, Leilua was charged with three offences - assault, breaching an AVO and a telecommunications offence.

Only last week the 20-year-old was on standby for NSW for State of Origin Game I.

The City Origin representative was arrested at 1.30am at the Allawah Hotel on Saturday morning following an argument.

Police allege the Leilua spat on his former girlfriend and sent personal photos of her to other people.

"He was taken out of the hotel by security and a number of text messages received after the fight,'' a police spokesman said.

"It will also be alleged that the man sent personal photos of the woman via his mobile phone to other people.''

Earlier this month the woman was granted a six month enforceable AVO.

The woman reported the matter to St George police on Saturday and Leilua handed himself into Kogarah police station where he was arrested and charged on Saturday night, police said.

The Roosters this afternoon issued a statement to declare Leilua will not be playing against the Bulldogs tonight.

"Following an incident at a Sydney hotel over the weekend that has resulted in his arrest, Sydney Roosters player Joseph Leilua will not be playing in tonight's game against the Canterbury Bulldogs,'' the statement read

"The matter will go to court next month and with respect for the judicial system, the club will be making no further comment at this time.''

We were having such a good year with off field stuff down to the lowest in ages. What a dickhead! :loser:

What a prick.

Roosters are really struggling out-wide with SKD injured. I wonder who'll play there tonight? Maubs?

Sadly this is the direction the world is going. Absolute joke that a man would spit on a woman.

Last edited:
Did he hit her? Article only says that he spat at her and sent nude pics to his friends. Obviously that's still a scum act but not quite as bad as actually hitting.

Inexcusable definitely, but at least it's not as bad as glassing someone.

To be honest, I actually think that texting the pics was far worse. Maybe it's just me, but that strikes me as a far more vicious and damaging thing to do. I don't really believe that anyone would have any trouble getting over being spat on (even if it is a dog act), but the pics, strikes me as being a far more aggressive act.

Well, he's going to be a popular boy in jail. He's got a real purty mouth.

That's disgraceful. I lke BJ but after this he doesn't deserve to wear a Roosters jersey. Respect the Roosters and the public or leave BJ. People like you don't deserve to be involved in a club like the Roosters.

Haha, I couldn't help myself.

In all seriousness though, what a pathetic human being. I just can't understand what it is that makes people do things like this.

Just from reading previous articles and this fella, I actually thought he was a good egg with a decent attitude - didn't know he had an AVO taken out against him. Needless to say, my opinion has changed quite drastically.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.