Brisbane International 2011

Kris

Kris

State of Origin Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Anyone going to buy tickets? They're on sale now.

I've missed the past 2 years, which is disappointing, so I don't want to miss out again.

Am I better off getting a ground pass (in the first week) or just buy a day and/or night game?

Depends if you want to see matches on centre court. AFAIK a ground pass gets you everywhere but centre court - which will still provide you with some really good matches.

Am not sure if I will make it this year as I am having time off just before Christmas and the christmas school holidays being our busiest time at work probably won't be able to swing hols in January as well. Will wait to see my roster for that week and just buy a ground pass for one day I think.

I like Tennis, would love to go this year but probably won't be able to.

I got a $10 the first time they held the tournament, although you do see some good matches. On the 2nd and third courts the seats are in the sun and the remaining courts are either blocked view of you have to stand court side. If it is a hot day it can be very taxing!

If I went again I would get centre court tickets.

I got centre court tickets for the men's semi finals day. Two high quality matches plus I'm pretty sure the men's doubles semis are on then as well.

The ground passes are great value, as long as you go in the first three, maybe four, days. After that, there's hardly any games on the outside courts. Went on the second day this year and saw some enthralling matches, no huge names by any means but all players inside the top 100 or so - the standard is still very, very high.

And if you're a real tennis nut, it's free to watch qualifying in the few days before the tournament starts.

And towards the end of the week, the Wheelchair tournament is held - it's mainly on the outside courts.

And to gloat because I can - I was VERY instrumental in getting the WC tournament played at the same time and venue as the able-bodied one, so go me :mrgreen:

I bought a ground pass for Monday. Hopefully I get to see some famous players!

You're going Monday? I'm working Mon-Wed, but was thinking of going to the tennis later in the week.

You probably won't see Roddick though (unless you catch him training) cause he'll be playing on Pat Rafter Arena

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • GCBRONCO
  • the_next
  • Dash
  • azza.79
  • Manofoneway
  • FACTHUNT
  • BroncosAlways
  • Wolfie
  • broncsgoat
  • Locky24
  • lynx000
  • Griffo
  • CHorse
  • Mustafur
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.