Broncos need ..... ????

Gillo has been mooted around here occasionally, I for one would be happy to give either a shot but it'd mean we'd have to move Oates to the back row or rely on a young'n there like Su'a or TPJ.

Same xan be said about our center spot . Opacic is still raw in experience and after him what are our options. Su'a is similar but tpj is got a season and a bit under his belt.

I used to want Bird at centre and would still be pleased by it but I think there is a lot of upside to him playing lock.

It would allow Moose to play prop, which I think he is more suited for and the team is short a strong option at prop. And it won't disrupt our current set up. Gillett and Glenn definitely are more effective on the edges.

With Milf and Kniko shaping to be our halves, we need something extra in attack and Bird has great ball playing skills. Allowing for a Glenn Stewart type set up that Manly uses very successfully a few years back.

Oppa has shown when he's injury free he is a very capable centre.

At the moment I think our best forward line up is:

8. McGuire
9. Macca
10. Sims
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Bird

14. Thaiday
15. Offa
16. Savelio
17. TPJ

I used to want Bird at centre and would still be pleased by it but I think there is a lot of upside to him playing lock.

It would allow Moose to play prop, which I think he is more suited for and the team is short a strong option at prop. And it won't disrupt our current set up. Gillett and Glenn definitely are more effective on the edges.

With Milf and Kniko shaping to be our halves, we need something extra in attack and Bird has great ball playing skills. Allowing for a Glenn Stewart type set up that Manly uses very successfully a few years back.

8. McGuire
9. Macca
10. Sims
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Bird

14. Thaiday
15. Offa
16. Savelio
17. TPJ

Isn't Savelio like a bench forward in the super league?
Also, I think Bennett will roll with a utility off the bench and with the release of Blair from his deal, he has something up his sleeve with regards to our forwards.

Isn't Savelio like a bench forward in the super league?
Also, I think Bennett will roll with a utility off the bench and with the release of Blair from his deal, he has something up his sleeve with regards to our forwards.

I was going purely off forwards. A bench utility is the obvious preference.

I assume Lodge is the something up his sleeve. I also think we should sign Todd Carney for the utility spot.

I was going purely off forwards. A bench utility is the obvious preference.

I assume Lodge is the something up his sleeve. I also think we should sign Todd Carney for the utility spot.

**** no to Carney. Bloke is a cancer on every club he touches. Plus, he is 31. The best years are behind him. Would rather take a punt on a young kid

8. McGuire
9. Macca
10. Sims
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Bird

14. Thaiday
15. Offa
16. Savelio
17. TPJ

Manly had a structured attack, our halves need offloads (2nd phase ) and brocken play. We need our forwards bending the line , quick play the balls and getting the defense on the back foot.

...to watch the cowboys (unfortunately) and learn how to play with heart, initiative, desire. too many pedestrians waiting for someone else to do it - the ones that do try, try too hard. it's a terrible balance atm.

We need McCullough back injury free and in-form. Since he got injured we have lacked his leadership and organisation in the forwards. Teams have been killing us in the middle because of no structure to our defence. McCullough brings that back.

We need Bird finishing off attacking plays whethers that's at fullback five eighth or a centre that can roam.

We need Ofahengaue, Pangai, Sims to step up and try and claim a front row position by playing there best football.

We need Milford to start pre-season now, because to be quite frank with you I'm sick and tired of him getting slim at the back end of the season, as a professional he needs to grow up and take care of his body through off season, because let's face it he is the key to our success in terms of attack.

We need, Nikorima, Milford, Bird and McCullough to have a kicking mentor. Our lack of kick selection is a disgrace. More of an emphasis on this goes along way to high pressure football that we haven't seen from the broncos in a long time.

We need Heart, what I noticed about this season is that if we are winning we tend to take the foot off and let teams come back, or in a crucial moment of a game if a try is scored against us, we don't have a leader to spur us on to get back(I think Bird, will be that player).

Active Now

• Santa
  • Foordy
  • The Don
  • Mister Wright
  • NSW stables
  • pennywisealfie
  • BroncosAlways
  • Hurrijo
  • Rowdy124
  • Maroon4life
  • Galah
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.