Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's got a sweet left boot and I just like his attitude on the field, runs hard in defence and tries to create. I'm honestly just sick of seeing half arsed players like Boyd/Milford/Fifita who may have talent but don't have a win at all costs attitude. This club wasn't built on close enough is good enough, it was built on refusing to lose and never giving up.

Damn I miss guys like Justin Hodges and Jack Reed. The latter wasn't even very talented but he never left the field without trying his absolute best to win.
Ok, You’re doing a good job of convincing me 😆

Kurt Capewell named in the reserves for the Panthers... I think he may find it tough getting minutes in that panthers team with Kikau, Yeo, JFH (can play lock), Martin and even Tyrone May appears to be in the process of converting to a 2nd rower.

Given it was so late in the season I suspected that Capewell was a bit of a stop gap signing for the panthers. He offered them someone versatile whilst they waited for young guns to mature and come into grade, but it seems like they are already set to go (Martin especially).

Appears he is off contract end of 2021 and he's a qld'er... I think we should be in his ear to come home and we could pick him up on a reasonable deal... I certainly think he'd provide better value than Proctor.

Last edited:
Hell yes to Capewell. Only reason he isn’t in the side now is because his injury early In the year opened the door to Martin which he took with both hands. I was always hoping broncos would sign him when the jets won the Q Cup

Played for the broncos in the NYC, mostly at Fullback funnily enough

good thinking on Capewell, though a lot depends on the new coach and whether he rates him or not...

Apparently we wont sign anyone until the coach is annoucned, so the pool of talent available keeps getting smaller and smaller....which is why i advocate developing internally...arguably cause we wont have a choice either way..

But Capewells a good shout, seem a quality player and person. Can he grab Guerra on the drive up the M1 too..?

good thinking on Capewell, though a lot depends on the new coach and whether he rates him or not...

Apparently we wont sign anyone until the coach is annoucned, so the pool of talent available keeps getting smaller and smaller....which is why i advocate developing internally...arguably cause we wont have a choice either way..

But Capewells a good shout, seem a quality player and person. Can he grab Guerra on the drive up the M1 too..?
If Kevvie is the new coach then you'd think he'd like to have Capewell as he brought him into the emerging origin squad last year?? and may have had him around the squad as an 18th man in the series last year

time will tell huh....

The majority of Penriths squad is locked up next year, so he may end up being squeezed out of a fully fit roster, plus its the only way they could get any wiggle room in the cap next year if they desire...

I could see Capewell moving on......would he want to come here though..?

The move would do Joffa the world of good. He needs pastures new to be challenged again. He's playing comfortable footy at the minute.
Fifi anguished over going to the Tits to play comfortable football and now found out he can do that here.

Fifi anguished over going to the Tits to play comfortable football and now found out he can do that here.
Exactly, there are another couple who have settled in to playing comfortable footy too. I expect that will all change in 2021, as a result of the staffing changes and players moving on/retiring.

Take him. TAKE HIM. We'll even send him down with a nice bottle of Chardonnay. He'll probably drink it all then sleep it off in the car though, fair warning.

I think between trying to survive the scrutiny that comes with being in a one team town and the tragic health issues his wife has had to endure Joffa has lost the plot a bit. He's not the first among us that has turned to the bottle in the search for some solace. I think he at least tried to do the right thing by not driving. But I'm sure the change will do him the world of good.

Take him. TAKE HIM. We'll even send him down with a nice bottle of Chardonnay. He'll probably drink it all then sleep it off in the car though, fair warning.

We just need to hope Hook signs Offa before he gets cancelled and dragons have to sack him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.