Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't there a rumour he refused to play fullback this year? Not that I believe this report as fact, but this could always be a way of moving him on. Want to play five-eighth? Find somewhere else to do it, we won't stand in your way.

This is what happened to Corey Norman from memory

Foran would make a good ball playing lock....however he would last 2 games before breaking...

Im thinking the same family reasons that saw him return to Sydney will also keep him there.....you have half a dozen clubs to choose from without moving house...

Somehow, i think we will be just fine if he didnt come here...

Last edited:
Keiran Foran. FMD

I'm not sure what's worse, the Broncos and Bulldogs seemingly chasing one another's players to improve their chances for 2021, as though they don't have access to the results those same players achieved in 2020, or the opportunity to sign Keiran Foran seemingly for the sole purpose of seeing if we can break our 2020 record for highest number of players/dollars sitting on the sidelines at any one time.

Foran signing all depends on how much he costs.

I'm ok with Foran at the ~300k mark if that's possible. That sort of money is nothing these days and all 16 clubs would be pissing much more than that up the wall with fucked up player contracts. Getting 10 games out of him would more than pay that back if he can also add some experience and professionalism at training.

If he is after 500k+ then it;s not worth the risk.

I could not think of a worse situation, the prospect of having a broken Foran and Bird and Milford to fullback. Disaster waiting to happen.

I could not think of a worse situation, the prospect of having a broken Foran and Bird and Milford to fullback. Disaster waiting to happen.

not my sort of roster construction when in order to accomadate 1 player you move another and end up arguably worse off in 2 positions...

The only solace you could take is that it's historically very unlikely to be any worse than things already are.

The only solace you could take is that it's historically very unlikely to be any worse than things already are.
Oh it could be worse. We could be the Titans and have to resign ourselves to getting used to this low-level mediocrity.

If anything, the Titans signing Fifita only served to illustrate how low we had fallen. With all due respect to them, when in our history was there ever a period where one of our up and coming guns thought 'a move to the Titans might be beneficial to my long term career'?

Ever since the Storm entered the comp. and followed our blueprint our playing stock of gun players has dwindle to such a degree that the Storm has become us all but in name.

I mean Bellyache was Benny's assistant coach and could still be here overseeing the continuation of a dynasty if the board had been any use.

I can't believe people are giving this Foran shit any weight one way or the other. We have no coach and effectively no CEO, we aren't signing anyone good or bad. This is lazy journo's that know that the Broncos are piss weak and won't even bother rebutting anything they write. They is no better time to be a sports journalist than right now.

Oh it could be worse. We could be the Titans and have to resign ourselves to getting used to this low-level mediocrity.

If anything, the Titans signing Fifita only served to illustrate how low we had fallen. With all due respect to them, when in our history was there ever a period where one of our up and coming guns thought 'a move to the Titans might be beneficial to my long term career'?

Ever since the Storm entered the comp. and followed our blueprint our playing stock of gun players has dwindle to such a degree that the Storm has become us all but in name.

I mean Bellyache was Benny's assistant coach and could still be here overseeing the continuation of a dynasty if the board had been any use.
How is 1 million plus more not beneficial over 3 years , I'd say it's beneficial.
As for our gun players, we seem to get targeted by teams with silly money.

I can't believe people are giving this Foran shit any weight one way or the other. We have no coach and effectively no CEO, we aren't signing anyone good or bad. This is lazy journo's that know that the Broncos are piss weak and won't even bother rebutting anything they write. They is no better time to be a sports journalist than right now.
People have been excited for Foran and Tolman lately. Two guys who have done nothing for a long time and won’t add anything to our roster. If the Bulldogs don’t want them then why should we? Stop signing every player that’s unwanted by a club, let alone a shit clubs like the Bulldogs.

People have been excited for Foran and Tolman lately. Two guys who have done nothing for a long time and won’t add anything to our roster. If the Bulldogs don’t want them then why should we? Stop signing every player that’s unwanted by a club, let alone a shit clubs like the Bulldogs.
Like I said, it's hilarious because they apparently want some of our guys too. The only way that would make sense for either club to be setting their sights on poaching from one another is if the other 14 clubs and all their players somehow manage to be disbanded and de-registered for 2021.

How is 1 million plus more not beneficial over 3 years , I'd say it's beneficial.
As for our gun players, we seem to get targeted by teams with silly money.
Short term as you correctly point out, sure. However, the operative point of my post was there ever a period when our young guns thought of the Titans and "long term career" in a compatible sense. Granted no one can be certain, but I very much doubt that the move will see him win a GF ring where he is.

Last edited:
Short term as you correctly point out, sure. However, the operative point of my post was there ever a period when our young guns thought of the Titans and "long term career" in a compatible sense. Granted no one can be certain, but I very much doubt that the move will see him win a GF ring where he is.
I understand the point you were making but I still firmly believe that his move was money oriented. I think they should go alright but I think the money they splashed should have been used for the spine, and a center.

I understand the point you were making but I still firmly believe that his move was money oriented. I think they should go alright but I think the money they splashed should have been used for the spine, and a center.

Strange thing for me is Souths offered similar money start of the year and he said no.

Strange thing for me is Souths offered similar money start of the year and he said no.
Not that strange really I'd have thought? Doesn't have to leave home and his family/friends and that's before you consider the fact that $1.25 million goes a LOT further even on the Gold Coast than it does in Sydney.

The ace in the hole on top of all that is how far Brisbane's stocks had fallen since the start of the year to the time he made the decision.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • davidp
  • Fitzy
  • Sproj
  • kiwibronco
  • Mister Wright
  • broncomax
  • Big Del
  • Alec
  • lynx000
  • Justwin
  • ivanhungryjak
  • maddo
  • porouian
  • Waynesaurus
  • BroncosAlways
  • broncsgoat
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.