Broncos rookies/young players

For next year, you stick with these kids and goodness knows who to put in around them:

2. Coates
5. Farnworth
6. Staggs
7. Dearden
10. Haas
13. Carrigan

14. Paix
15. Flegler
17. Riki

Niu, Bullemor and whoever else are not Simply Red(dy).
Are you giving up on Oates?

For next year, you stick with these kids and goodness knows who to put in around them:

2. Coates
5. Farnworth
6. Staggs
7. Dearden
10. Haas
13. Carrigan

14. Paix
15. Flegler
17. Riki

Niu, Bullemor and whoever else are not Simply Red(dy).

What have you seen that makes you think Staggs is capable of playing Five-Eighth in the NRL? He hasn't shown any ability to kick the ball, his ability to draw and pass is average (if we're being generous) and his defense is atrocious.

For mine he's clearly a centre, we'd be insane to move him anywhere.

Only thing we need to do is get a spine that's good enough to get him some clean, early ball.

What have you seen that makes you think Staggs is capable of playing Five-Eighth in the NRL? He hasn't shown any ability to kick the ball, his ability to draw and pass is average (if we're being generous) and his defense is atrocious.

Only thing we need to do is get a spine that's good enough to get him some clean, early ball.
Boy you have a short memory, he did a perfect kick against raiders. The comment about drawing and passing is fair, I don't think I've seen him pass to his winger to score yet

Boy you have a short memory, he did a perfect kick against raiders. The comment about drawing and passing is fair, I don't think I've seen him pass to his winger to score yet

He hasnt shown any kind of kicking game. One perfect kick doesnt really give him a kicking game. I'm one of the ones who dont see him as a half or a fullback. He is best at being a strong ball runner, which imo suits him at either center or my preference maybe in a couple of years, back row.

Last edited:

A kick on the run is great, but most centres can do that. I'm talking about an actual sustainable kicking game that would indicate he could play in the spine.

He has one try assist to his name this season and five try assists in his entire career. He's a ball running centre that should hopefully be able to develop into a good all-around centre if we're lucky.

I don't think he is a centre. He also needs to get the ball more and he can be a Wighton type of five-eighth. This side needs Harry Grant.

I don't think he is a centre. He also needs to get the ball more and he can be a Wighton type of five-eighth. This side needs Harry Grant.

Wighton spent his first 7 seasons in first grade as a Fullback, which enabled him a lot of time to work on his kicking game and ball playing in real game situations. You could still argue that he hasn't exactly hit the ground running at Five-Eighth, he's actually been quite poor this season outside of last week. Significantly less impactful than 2019.

We can start thinking about shifting Staggs somewhere once he's spent another 5 years in the centres improving his all-around game.

Wighton spent his first 7 seasons in first grade as a Fullback, which enabled him a lot of time to work on his kicking game and ball playing in real game situations. You could still argue that he hasn't exactly hit the ground running at Five-Eighth, he's actually been quite poor this season outside of last week. Significantly less impactful than 2019.

We can start thinking about shifting Staggs somewhere once he's spent another 5 years in the centres improving his all-around game.

I'm not against that either, I just think he has ingredients to be a gun running five-eighth. I just want someone to teach him defense.

Staggs would make a great 5/8
He has an ability to want the ball and is very much a copy of walker and wighton

He hasnt shown any kind of kicking game. One perfect kick doesnt really give him a kicking game. I'm one of the ones who dont see him as a half or a fullback. He is best at being a strong ball runner, which imo suits him at either center or my preference maybe in a couple of years, back row.
Well technically he's shown us he's got a better kicking game than 80% percent of the team😂

Staggs would make a great 5/8
He has an ability to want the ball and is very much a copy of walker and wighton

Has Staggs even passed or put his winger in for a try yet? I’m not sure he has the ball playing for 5/8th

In the few games staggs has played at 5/8 his short kicking has been pretty good.
If Deardon dose most of the kicking and staggs is creating opportunities with his with his aggressive ball running then i don’t see why that halves combo wouldn’t work well, sort of like 2015 milf and hunt, with hunt doing majority of the kicking and milf focused on running.

If milf regains his strong running game then he and Deardon would be great, but at the moment milf offers little in this department compared to what staggs could bring, and the attacking opportunities he would create.

Milford smells, he’s been buying too many pies with his million dollar contract. Get rid of him now, don’t care who replaces him as long as they care about the club.

Lol he's more like a young, smarter Paul Gallen. Makes insane meters, lots of tackles, has plenty of heart, is a leader, and loves the club he plays for.
Patty is a good bloke off the field who studies hard and speaks well, and on the field is a clean but hard forward who has the stones to lead his team from such a young age in the worst possible circumstances.

Gallen is a convicted drug cheat, a stitch-ripping floor-pissing coward-punching racial-abusing wanker who needed to boof himself with a stable's worth of steroids just to be NSW's losingest loser. And despite all his practice at it he was a terrible loser, sooking on the field, sooking off the field, sooking in the media. I'd sooner liken King Wally to Lachlan Maranta than besmirch Carrigan's good name in such a fashion.

Patty is a good bloke off the field who studies hard and speaks well, and on the field is a clean but hard forward who has the stones to lead his team from such a young age in the worst possible circumstances.

Gallen is a convicted drug cheat, a stitch-ripping floor-pissing coward-punching racial-abusing wanker who needed to boof himself with a stable's worth of steroids just to be NSW's losingest loser. And despite all his practice at it he was a terrible loser, sooking on the field, sooking off the field, sooking in the media. I'd sooner liken King Wally to Lachlan Maranta than besmirch Carrigan's good name in such a fashion.
Lost the most origin series and lost the most league games in total of any player ever right? Lol

If this is your position, I’d hate to imagine how Wolfie feels 😂😂

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Wolfie
  • The Strapper
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Big Del
  • Mum-the-meatloaf
  • sooticus
  • john1420
  • broncos4life
  • bert_lifts
  • GCBRONCO
  • Gaz
  • Aldo
  • Nerd
  • Xzei
  • theshed
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fatboy
  • simplythebest
  • Organix
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.