Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im another who doesn't get the Widdop love in. A fullback who has played at 6. He is just a poor man's Darius Boyd.

I am keen on him as a replacement for Milford. Other than that, it is more that we have zero half decent or half ready options at fullback.

I am keen on him as a replacement for Milford. Other than that, it is more that we have zero half decent or half ready options at fufullback.
I'd rather staggs @ 6

If people discuss a certain player they want to sign enough and someone like Badel picks up on it and writes an article on it...does it then become a rumour? 🤔

Copley does look like he needs a few weights sessions. Is that a normal body shape for a centre? Hope he is fast!

Yep. Everyone has forgotten him. Think he’d probably be on more than 400k a season though. A fair chunk out of our salary cap.
Melbourne are subsidising his salary this year. I believe I read we're paying him 280k, next year (final contract year) he'll be on 400k.

280k is basically double the minimum, it's not nothing but it's not bad either.

Give Croft a go under a decent coach and he'll go alright.

Yep. Everyone has forgotten him. Think he’d probably be on more than 400k a season though. A fair chunk out of our salary cap.
And remember how the Storm played strong on the negotiations. . they weren't going to chip in. Could be a lesson there.

Melbourne are subsidising his salary this year. I believe I read we're paying him 280k, next year (final contract year) he'll be on 400k.

280k is basically double the minimum, it's not nothing but it's not bad either.

Give Croft a go under a decent coach and he'll go alright.
I thought we payed full fare?

If he doesn't have a contract then he is off contract.

So is most of the world then. He hasn't played in over 12 months, couldn't handle it at Souths and is back at the Hunters for this year. Why would you take that on?

What's he shown that tells you he would turn it around this time? (Please don't post a youtube clip.)

Last edited:
I'm sure I've read it multiple times they were subsidising the first 2 years, we only pay full for the 3rd year.
ok.. good to know. He is young and hopefully can justify that spend over the next 2 years.

I'm sure I've read it multiple times they were subsidising the first 2 years, we only pay full for the 3rd year.
Thought it was only for the first year

Thought it was only for the first year
I remember it being two, it would be mentioned somewhere in the signing thread on BHQ. I could be wrong.

I remember it being two, it would be mentioned somewhere in the signing thread on BHQ. I could be wrong.
I remember Melbourne reeeeee'd about us asking them to chip in. Pay in full or **** off was the message at least in the papers. I admired that stance but who knows how true it was behind the scenes.

So is most of the world then. He hasn't played in over 12 months, couldn't handle it at Souths and is back at the Hunters for this year. Why would you take that on?

What's he shown that tells you he would turn it around this time? (Please don't post a youtube clip.)
No YouTube clips you say?
D43F397E D15A 48FB 9F76 A1F8F79E1EAA

I really dont think he would be worth the money at his age with his injury history. $300k for 12 months tops.
According to Dean Ritchie in the Telegraph, 300k is what he's currently asking even though he's currently on triple that in the UK. No one has the cash for him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Behold
  • Hurrijo
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • The Don
  • bb_gun
  • Alec
  • pennywisealfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.