Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh who cares, his corruptness fits the NRL perfectly.

Billy would not be at the Broncos except for his father. That he's better than Paix and Turpin - which I agree with - is more a comment on our woeful depth in those critical positions (9, 14) than Billy's talent. He's the sort of player you bring in to save the day when you're crippled with injury, not the axle of your spine.

Of course, I'd be selecting him too. No argument - he's the best option we find ourselves with. But I'm not ecstatic about it, and the longer it continues the worse it looks for Kevvie.

I don't get how it looks bad for Kevvie if Billy is the best option we have, which you just conceded he is.

Not sure if you're aware but we're just coming out the other side of a salary cap crisis, if there's a chance to get a quality player at a bargain price, irrelevant of who his father is, why wouldn't they do it?

The only person this looks worse for, is you. You've been playing that nepotism card since day 1, quite unfortunate for you that he's turned out to be a decent buy.

I don't get how it looks bad for Kevvie if Billy is the best option we have, which you just conceded he is.

Not sure if you're aware but we're just coming out the other side of a salary cap crisis, if there's a chance to get a quality player at a bargain price, irrelevant of who his father is, why wouldn't they do it?

The only person this looks worse for, is you. You've been playing that nepotism card since day 1, quite unfortunate for you that he's turned out to be a decent buy.
I'm talking about next season. I'm talking about trying to win a premiership with no one better than Billy at 9. hth

I'm talking about next season. I'm talking about trying to win a premiership with no one better than Billy at 9. hth

Who would be better and someone we can sign without breaking the bank, that's where we are at and it's where we were at when Billy came to the club.

If you can't answer that, I don't see your point and quite frankly, I don't think you have a point. You literally conceded he's the best option we have at the club, so with that in mind, how is it nepotism?

Who would be better and someone we can sign without breaking the bank, that's where we are at and it's where we were at when Billy came to the club.

If you can't answer that, I don't see your point and quite frankly, I don't think you have a point. You literally conceded he's the best option we have at the club, so with that in mind, how is it nepotism?
**** man, I don't think I can explain this any clearer. I might have to let someone else take over. Someone who can explain to you that someone being the best option doesn't mean they're the best option the club can find for next season. I don't need to spoonfeed you a bunch of names from other clubs. I'm not in charge of recruitment.

But in case anyone legally insane can't follow my point:

1. Billy is the best hooker we have
2. Billy isn't a very good hooker
3. We don't have any good hookers
4. We should be looking for at least one hooker/utility until Blake Mozer is ready.
5. Or we turn someone like Tesi into one (not going to happen).
6. If we don't sign one soon, we probably win a premiership next year.
7. If we're starting Billy at hooker next season, what went wrong?

**** man, I don't think I can explain this any clearer. I might have to let someone else take over. Someone who can explain to you that someone being the best option doesn't mean they're the best option the club can find for next season. I don't need to spoonfeed you a bunch of names from other clubs. I'm not in charge of recruitment.

But in case anyone legally insane can't follow my point:

1. Billy is the best hooker we have
2. Billy isn't a very good hooker
3. We don't have any good hookers
4. We should be looking for one until Blake Mozer is ready.
5. If we don't sign one soon, we probably win a premiership next year.
6. If we're starting Billy at hooker next season, what went wrong?

I am just wondering, where are we getting someone better than Billy Walters without breaking the bank because I don't think we have a lot of wiggle room, I just figured if that was what you were running with you might have a few names for us. Usually when someone has an agenda and really wants to ram it home, they've got a solution. You obviously haven't got one, you're in the "anyone but Billy" camp.

I am just wondering, where are we getting someone better than Billy Walters without breaking the bank because I don't think we have a lot of wiggle room, I just figured if that was what you were running with you might have a few names for us. Usually when someone has an agenda and really wants to ram it home, they've got a solution. You obviously haven't got one, you're in the "anyone but Billy" camp.
Probably someone that wasn’t struggling to make the wests tigers before coming here. There are a few names out there, pretty sure they don’t need listing.

Probably someone that wasn’t struggling to make the wests tigers before coming here. There are a few names out there, pretty sure they don’t need listing.
Give us a list. I don't think anyone is denying that there's better hookers but who is better, just as cheap and actually available?

Give us a list. I don't think anyone is denying that there's better hookers but who is better, just as cheap and actually available?
I’m thinking of someone who is more than minimum wage though. We should have a bit of wiggle room, especially for a spine position. Hooker is not a position you should skimp on, certainly not a position you want a minimum-wager playing in. we can do it without breaking the bank, spend maybe 3-400k.

A list? Guys, come on, you only have to ask:

Hookers Available for next year:
Jayden Berrell (I'd love to get him)
Manase Fainu (steer clear)
Temple Kalepo
Jayden Nikorima
Jake Turpin (hehe)
Billy Walters (ahehehe)

Players Likely Gettable:
Jake Simpkin (Bring him home please!)
Kurt Mann
Jake Granville
Siliva Havili
Jacob Liddle
Mitch Rein
Andrew McCullough (ahehehe)

Possible but Club unlikely to Release:
Ben Hunt (will be VERY expensive though and does not seem to want to play the position week in, week out)
Damien Cook (I'd argue too expensive for a player on the decline)
Connor Watson

Whoever taught you the word "agenda" please unfriend them on Tiktok.

if you could turn haas into hunt that would be nice,the only other one on that list Sproj Sproj provided would be ok for a year or two would be granville even then he would be best used as a bench hooker.

Temple Kalepo
Jayden Nikorima
Jake Turpin (hehe)
Billy Walters (ahehehe)

Players Likely Gettable:
Kurt Mann
Jake Granville
Siliva Havili
Jacob Liddle
Mitch Rein

Ben Hunt (will be VERY expensive though and does not seem to want to play the position week in, week out)
Connor Watson
What are you seeing in Berrell recently?

Temple Kalepo
Jayden Nikorima
Jake Turpin (hehe)
Billy Walters (ahehehe)

Players Likely Gettable:
Kurt Mann
Jake Granville
Siliva Havili
Jacob Liddle
Mitch Rein

Connor Watson
Or we refurbish another one out of spare halfback parts.

I liked the idea of Tyson being reborn with a 9 on his back, but in that recent interview he talked about how tiring he found the crouching down, passing and constant tackling. He also talked about his tendency to pass forward to (the left, I think). He might not have the fitness.

theshed theshed is campaigning to give Tesi a crash course there in the off-season. Might not be as crazy as it sounds.

What are you seeing in Berrell recently?

I thought he was fantastic in Q Cup, I just feel like he would be an upgrade on what we currently have as a stop gap to Mozer / Packer and would be base wage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.