Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2024

I reckon something like:
Walsh - 1 million
Cobbo - 750k
Staggs - 650k
Willison - 500k
Mozer - 3-400k

The rest all around 2-300k depending on whatever is left. But even if we lost Staggs for example (which I don't want to and don't think we will), Mariner is right there anyway.

You gotta think about what you want to build around and this looks good to me:

1. Walsh
3. Staggs
4. Cobbo
5. Mariner
6. Mam
7. Madden -> Black
8. Willison
9. Walters ->Mozer
10. Haas
11. Piakura
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

15. Te Kura

That's a heck of a team to build around and as Wolfie Wolfie said, as much as it would suck to lose Haas with forward planning, if it meant you were able to keep Willison Te Kura instead, it might well be worth it. Haas is a gun, absolute freak, he will be an all time great...but you can't go up from what he is already on and if he wants more when the time comes, too bad really.

Isn’t the lesson you only pay spine money for spine players? For every generational talent like Dave Fifita you seem to have an assembly line of much better value players lining up behind them.. only galaxy brains could think D Fifita on 1M+ is good business.

So go hard for Walsh but be careful with Cobbo, Staggs etc, make their salaries fit in with what’s left after the spine are secured. Thats the reason, or one of them I’m not sold on the money Haas is getting. If it costs the Broncos Walsh then it’s super dumb.

Yes ... But as the cap increases so does the value of players in all positions.

E.g. 700k a year was the top money centres would earn under a $10 million salary cap ... the salary cap is now around $12 million a season or an increase of 20%; so when you increase that 700k salary by 20% you get a new max salary of 840k a year

personally I’d be leaving cap space for Sam Walker, broncos are in a huge premiership window. And they lose that opportunity as soon as Reynolds retires and we throw the keys to madden or black. We’ve done this before I hope we learned our lesson.

personally I’d be leaving cap space for Sam Walker, broncos are in a huge premiership window. And they lose that opportunity as soon as Reynolds retires and we throw the keys to madden or black. We’ve done this before I hope we learned our lesson.
He isn’t even the right style of halfback for our needs! Wrong player entirely. Even if you think we are in need of a better halfback than Madden/Black, Walker is not that guy.

I think Staggs will head to the roosters if I’m being honest. He’s on to much money and doesn’t provide the stats to back the dollars he’s on.

Talking about the incumbent Kanaroos centre there bro .
Have a little more respect .

He has actually upped his involvement big time and increased his stats to boot .
Dunno what games you have been watching ?

You mean go to Sydney and win a premiership in your 1st year there ?

I don’t like spreading Buzz’s rumours, but his column today says Walsh’s latest negotiations is up to $1.4m per year.

Really want him to stay but that’s bordering on crazy.
He’s worth every single cent of it but his manager and Walsh need to be careful that they can build a good team around him.

Any comeback to the Broncos for TPJ is reportedly over.

Signing Gosiewski has pretty much closed the door on a potential return.

He's going to hang up the gloves to show he's serious about a comeback to the NRL and his management have reached out to Melbourne.

I actually disagree there, if TPJ is willing to come back full-time to the Broncos I 100% agree to take him back. He would be a great interchange forward to cover both front and needed second row rotation.

This is like Dave Taylor all over again. Everyone thought they could fix him and unlock his potential. Everyone failed.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.