Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2024

Throwing this out there if nothing else but to fuel some discussion: I wonder the sort of unders a suddenly scorned player like Angus Crichton would take to stay with a premiership window team.

Throwing this out there if nothing else but to fuel some discussion: I wonder the sort of unders a suddenly scorned player like Angus Crichton would take to stay with a premiership window team.
Yeah true... he'll probably re-sign with rorters on a lower salary... for culture and to be in a premiership window team.

I dont think he'll have any issues with finding another Sydney team if he wants to leave... or the wallabies through the tahs

Yeah true... he'll probably re-sign with rorters on a lower salary... for culture and to be in a premiership window team.

I dont think he'll have any issues with finding another Sydney team if he wants to leave... or the wallabies through the tahs

They've signed Fifita and Robinson speaks French at home, he'll stay on minimum wage.

Fifita just does not play roosters football. Never does the hard work and when the games on the line, he disappears.

Fifita just does not play roosters football. Never does the hard work and when the games on the line, he disappears.
I think Fifita made an error not going to penrith. He fits into their team easier.

The outside backs do most of the yardage work so he does not have to do that.

Penrith do a lot of inside balls and changes of direction. When fifita played at broncos, this was one of his favourite and most effective plays.

The core of the team is also more settled. The roosters squad will be changing a fair bit in the next few years.

I think Fifita will be a star at Roosters, it's just being in a shit team limits that, but he would be probably the best Forward in the comp had he chose Penrith.

Last season he was the clear best backrower in the comp stats wise, which tells me being in a decent team with standards would catapult that.

If the two contact options were legit he will regret that for the rest of his life, but I know that Roosters contract comes with illegal paper bag nonsense on the side, there is no reason otherwise he picks Chooks over Penrith.

Even I could Accept the same situation if our players leave us for Penrith especially NSW based players like Staggs, but for Roosters on less money it stinks bad, NRL HQ being based next to Moore park tells me they are probably in coohoots, because surely that cheating team gets busted already, too many sus contracts and nothing being done about it has happened for far too long.

Sonny bill turning up to training on his last Roosters stint with a Rolls Royce Phantom with rego plates linked to a Politis owned Sydney dealership surely is enough evidence but lets please look the other way for no reason.

**** these ***** seriously.

**** off the salary cap then you dogs you will understand true QLD oppression when Broncos own the comp.

After the game last night, James Graham pulled out Ben Hunt as a potential last spot recruit.

Thoughts?

After the game last night, James Graham pulled out Ben Hunt as a potential last spot recruit.

Thoughts?
We wouldn’t be able to afford him. Would be handy at the moment though, he’d be playing 9 with Reynolds back.

Probably harsh on Billy and Smoothy and makes Mozer ask questions.

If we got him last year we win the grand final. Shit if we got him this year we probably win the grand final, I don’t know ha. 🤷🏿‍♂️

We need another experienced forward to fill that last spot. That's why I floated Angus Crichton the other day. Taupau is cooked and probably won't play again short of a massive crisis and the other blokes are still young.

Angus Crichton is a gun but his form lines up with his contract expiring. Very hot and cold. I feel that he'll go to Rugby Union with the hopes of playing for the Wallabies at the 2027 WC which we host.

We need another experienced forward to fill that last spot. That's why I floated Angus Crichton the other day. Taupau is cooked and probably won't play again short of a massive crisis and the other blokes are still young.

Anyone we bring in would likely need to replace Taupau. we won't get Crichton for that.

I thought Taupau's money would be taken up by upgrading and extending Willison, well at least I hope so..

Taupau is likely on close to the minimum. getting rid of him doesn't actually save you anything and you can't really use it to upgrade a salary as we still need to replace him in the 30 man squad. (with someone on his salary at a minimum)

Active Now

• Skathen
  • Griffo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.