Cartwright replacement

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
So with reports that Cartwright will leave at season's end to become head coach of Hull FC, the question is who should we replace him with on our coach staff.

I'd personally reach out to Stephen Kearney to see if he is interested in returning to the coaching arena.

He's an excellent assistant and IIRC, was responsible for our defence in 2015

Broncosgirl

Broncosgirl

Deep in the Heart of Queensland
Contributor
Nov 9, 2022
I'd love James Graham and a his bucket of lard to be our defensive coach next.
It feels as though, and has for a while, that this is the last ingredient that we need to go next level. Some more aggressive. Someone like James Graham would be a dream come true. He would bring some more balance to the squad.

Could be good timing too, because from memory Kenty has a court appearance on the 24th, so he'll be back to claim his chair on 360 on the 25th no doubt 🙄

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
It feels as though, and has for a while, that this is the last ingredient that we need to go next level. Some more aggressive. Someone like James Graham would be a dream come true. He would bring some more balance to the squad.

Could be good timing too, because from memory Kenty has a court appearance on the 24th, so he'll be back to claim his chair on 360 on the 25th no doubt 🙄

THIS! Our forwards are soft. Even Payne. GET FUCKIN MEAN YA DOGS!

Financeguy

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013
Ideally Justin Holbrook but i like @Wolfie idea of getting Reynolds in there so maybe someone a bit more interim for a year until Reynolds is available

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Cartwright did middle attack and defence, so if you want a like for like replacement, they'd need to understand middle attack and defence.

Luke Burt has been great at the Bears for two season and two years as an assistant before that but not sure on his knowledge of middle attack and defence.

Hunt/Souths hasn't looked great this year and again Hunt's middle knowledge might not be great.

Smith is still at Leeds until end of 25. But was a very good defence coach.

Hannay does edge defence for Queensland and attack for Sharks because Fitzy is tackling/defence mad. But again he is signed up until end of 26.

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021
I'd love James Graham and a his bucket of lard to be our defensive coach next.
He seems to have a pretty good footy brain.
Had the ball playing, aggression, always was doing extra fitness after training by reports and would never give up trying.
Seems like a good bloke aswell

Active Now

• Tim K
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Xzei
  • Lurker
  • MrMoore
  • Harry Sack
  • I bleed Maroon
  • kiwi2
  • Jazza
  • broncos4life
  • Dash
  • Bucking Beads
  • TimWhatley
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Foordy
  • Broncorob
  • BroncosFan_Corey
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.