10. Wallace
11. Cooper
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. Morgan
15. Papalii
16. Hess
17. Kaufusi

I like your starting team, but we have no front rowers on the bench. We need a front row on that bench at least.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
Munster for JT . He would have run with the team and know the plays . All Melbourne spine easier transition .
Who to replace Darius is the bigger question .

Broncs1459

Broncs1459

QCup Player
Aug 24, 2012
Hopefully they don't pick Munster at 5/8 (I don't think they will). It means you have to put Gagai into the centres when he has been killing it on the wing. His defense has also been suspect in the centres at times. From reading Kevin's comments today, he will go with Munster in the centres and Morgan/DCE/Norman will play 5/8. I think they should go with DCE and leave the bench as it is. Saves bringing in another utility and wondering if they have what it take to defend in the middle. I doubt Morgan would offer a lot more than DCE at 5/8 apart from a bit better of a running game.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
No to Milf. you know my thoughts. bench or nothing. DCE, Norman or Munster.

T

Taylor1921

QCup Player
Apr 18, 2014
don't be surprised to see Hunt on bench and Morgan to start.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
1. Slater
2. Holmes
3. Munster
4. Chambers
5. Gagai
6. Norman
7. Cronk
8. Napa
9. Smith (c)
10. Wallace
11. Cooper
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. Morgan
15. Papalii
16. Hess
17. Glasby

Can't move Gagai from the wing, Munster is the best Centre available, I think DCE is the best Half available but Norman is next in line by the sound of it, really good on the left hand side of the field, big body.

The only reason I'm not keen on Michael Morgan is that he's an awful defender, minimal kicking game and primarily operates on the right side of the field. Those 3 put together make Norman a far better option I think.

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I like your starting team, but we have no front rowers on the bench. We need a front row on that bench at least.

Glasby for Kaufusi then I suppose.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
1. Slater
2. Holmes
3. Munster
4. Chambers
5. Gagai
6. Norman
7. Cronk
8. Napa
9. Smith (c)
10. Wallace
11. Cooper
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. Morgan
15. Papalii
16. Hess
17. Glasby

Can't move Gagai from the wing, Munster is the best Centre available, I think DCE is the best Half available but Norman is next in line by the sound of it, really good on the left hand side of the field, big body.

The only reason I'm not keen on Michael Morgan is that he's an awful defender, minimal kicking game and primarily operates on the right side of the field. Those 3 put together make Norman a far better option I think.
Was going to post a team but didn't need to as this is the exact team is go with.

With Munster at center and Norman at 6 you are making like for like changes.

I've made my case previously about Munster, but he is the only NATURAL left center from the options available. Gagai, Chambers, O'Neill and Morgan are all right side players with right arm carries.

Norman is also a left side player and offers a good left foot kicking game. Morgan and DCE are both right side halves, DCE would cope on the left but he's a ball playing halfback which I don't think would mesh well with Cronk (too many chiefs).
Morgan right side half, offers a limited kicking game and moving him would require a new utility.
Munster is left side and has combinations with the rest of the spine, but his kicking game is limited and he provides more value at center.

To me it's pretty clear that they should pick like for like players i.e. natural left center and natural left half. To minimise disruptions to the rest of the team.

Starting Morgan in either position would require a new utility and suddenly you have 3 new roles in the team. It's just too much disruption leading into a decider

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I wouldn't mind Norman, it's only for 1 game anyway, and he'd might give us the best (though still unlikely) chance of winning.

Munster at left centre. **** no to O'Neill. Morgan to come off the bench again, he does a damn fine job.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Anyone think Thurston might play on now because he is going to miss his farewell?

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
Anyone think Thurston might play on now because he is going to miss his farewell?

Play and then have surgery?

*Oh you meant next year, lol

Last edited:
BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
It would be great to help out with the transition... but I think he's made a promise to cows that he'd focus solely on them before retiring

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
**** the Cowboys, he should play on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• kat00
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Manlyman
  • Broncorob
  • Johnny92
  • Skyblues87
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • something
  • jd87
  • whykickamoocow
  • mystico
  • Alec
  • Bucking Beads
  • theshed
  • Broncosarethebest
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.