Greg Inglis Assault Charges

Twiztid

NRL Player
Apr 14, 2009
Hey Guys,

Just saw it on the Channel 7 news. That the Storm have contacted David Gallop saying Greg Inglis has been charged with assaulting his girlfriend.

All I can say is not another one.

All I can say is oh dear he isn't the perfect little angel everybody thought he was. It is very sad when blokes hit women.

The Rock said:
Beads6 said:
All I can say is oh dear he isn't the perfect little angel everybody thought he was. It is very sad when blokes hit women. I guess she knew she deserved it though.

Joking or not, that's not appropriate considering the whole context of the situation.

Joking obviously just repeating a line off those domestic violence ads.!

I agree it isn't a joking situation at all.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/ ... 23,00.html

SUPERSTAR Melbourne Storm rugby league player Greg Inglis has been arrested over an alleged assault of his girlfriend.

Inglis was arrested at his western suburbs home today and questioned by police over an attack on his partner, which allegedly left her with a black eye.

Inglis, who is a fixture in Australian and Queensland representative teams, is regarded as one of the best players in the world.

But his glittering career may have hit a major hurdle with allegations that led to police arresting him at his Altona Meadows home today.

Inglis was later questioned by police and charged with recklessly causing injury and unlawful assault before being bailed to appear in Sunshine Magistrates Court on Wednesday.

Inglis was later served with an intervention order over the alleged incident.

The mercurial Inglis was recently awarded the Wally Lewis Medal for being best player in this year's State-of-Origin series against New South Wales.

The arrest could have massive ramifications for the Storm, which sits third on the ladder in the shadows of the finals and is another episode in a wretched off-field year for his sport.

Clubs and the code's administrator's have become increasingly intolerant of the bad off-field behaviour of players.

In May last year, Storm officials cleared Inglis of any wrong-doing after allegations he was involved in a drunken Good Friday brawl were aired on radio.

The club's chief executive Brian Waldron said at the time that the star's girlfriend Sally Robinson had been verbally insulted by a patron at the Icebergs venue in Williamstown.

"Greg took offence at the manner in which his partner was spoken to and a brief verbal exchange took place. After nothing more than a few heated words, Greg and his girlfriend left the establishment," Mr Waldron said.

Icebergs management later said they had no problem with the conduct of Inglis.

The Inglis drama is yet another bitter blow for the National Rugby League in a year of continuous off-field controversies.

The code chose Inglis and Manly star Brett Stewart as the faces of the code to feature in a $1.5 million advertising campaign.

But it took a major hit when sexual assault allegations were levelled against Stewart shorty before the season was due to start.

Inglis is studying to be a social worker and recently visited his old home town of Bowraville in NSW to talk to high school kids about not going down the wrong track.

He was in July voted the NRL's Good Guy of the Month for his efforts to help the young.
Sorry for the breaks but that is how the article was written on the Herald Sun website.

Looks like Storm have stood Inglis down from all duties going from the half time show.

http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/defaul ... y&id=19175

Inglis stood down indefinitely
Monday, August 10, 2009

Melbourne Storm has tonight stood down Greg Inglis from all club activities pending a police investigation.

Greg Inglis has been notified of the club’s decision.

The decision was made by the club’s board tonight after Greg Inglis was today charged by Victoria Police over a domestic incident that occurred in the early hours of Sunday morning.

As a result, Melbourne Storm CEO Brian Waldron said Greg Inglis, 22, would be stood down by the club for an indefinite period.

“The board has tonight made the decision to stand Greg Inglis down for an indefinite period,†Waldron said.

“The Melbourne Storm is vehemently opposed to any situation that in any way endangers the health, safety and wellbeing of any woman.

“The club has taken a strong stance in the past towards behaviour of this type and will continue to do so in the future.

“As such this decision is made in the best interests of all parties concerned.â€

At least the Storm did the right thing. Wonder what would happen if he is found guilty? Is Gallop going to step in?

off to ESL he goes or Union if the NRL blokes him playing ESL. I'll be amazed if he doesn't get rubbed out for this.. guess we need to wait and see though as at this stage is just "alledged" and we wouldn't want to damage his reputation till it's tested in court.

I didn't think he was an angel - but always thought of him a good guy of league, especially with the work he did with youths....*sigh* it's so disappointing. [icon_frown
Good to see the Storm stand him down...but FFS when will the players learn??!!

What an idiot. Time for the NRL to start looking at tougher measures for onfield violence cause it's starting to spill over too often.

Fozz said:
What an idiot. Time for the NRL to start looking at tougher measures for onfield violence cause it's starting to spill over too often.
If that is the case, then we might as well just have the teams play touch football or Oztag. I don't think the violence is spilling over at all. If anything, I am putting my money on it probably being another alcohol fueled situation.

To be honest I think there is less onfield fighting now than what there used to be say 10 years ago. I just think with the off field antics the onfield stuff is being noticed more often.

There are plenty of hot heads who fight or used to fight on field that have never had any troubles off the field. Then there are those who are just a little bit of a lose cannon in general and they are the ones that do these sorts of things regardless of where they are and they are the ones who need to get some sort of support or help.

Glad to see that Melbourne have done the right thing and stood him down straight away.

If he is guilty and leaves the NRL, I may not bother watching the game next year. I am sick and tired with the increasingly poor nature of the game as a spectacle and to lose one of only a few players that make the game great anymore because of yet another pathetic off field incident will just about finish my interest in the game.

Hold your horses but it does not look good. Unbelievable actually. If this is another alcohol related incident... yeesh. Look out.

I'm with the Gymp here, there are too many things killing the game right now. It's absolutely killing it.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.