If you could choose the channel to get the footy...

Which station? You can pick 2

• Total voters
ABC for no ads. Ten for a dedicated HD sport channel.

10 because they actually use there HD channels for sport and not garbage. I heard a rumour the other day that One Hd will not be just sport anymore.

Bucking Beads said:
10 because they actually use there HD channels for sport and not garbage. I heard a rumour the other day that One Hd will not be just sport anymore.

They had the movie crank on the other night

Fox Sports. Wouldnt be in the games best interests though.

Agree I'd go 10, if they promised to show the games in HD.

Jeba said:
Fox Sports. Wouldnt be in the games best interests though.

Agree I'd go 10, if they promised to show the games in HD.

Well they do it with the AFL so I can't see how NRL would be any different. Also Channel 7 look to have secured the rights to the AFL so ten might have a good crack at the NRL

10 - ONE HD to be specific.

I get the feeling they would pay overs for it too - it would probably save the channel. It's no coincidence they are starting to show movies recently.

Bucking Beads said:
yeah its not gonna be a dedicated sport channel anymore, going to more general programming.

I don't watch a lot of AFL or Union but how do 7 and 10 treat those sports?

I'm not entirely convinced that the grass is greener on the other side.

Anonymous person said:
[quote="Bucking Beads":b0nloipn]10 because they actually use there HD channels for sport and not garbage. I heard a rumour the other day that One Hd will not be just sport anymore.
yeah its not gonna be a dedicated sport channel anymore, going to more general programming.[/quote:b0nloipn]

I'm hoping it's still heavily sports based though. I've loved watching live NFL, NBL etc. Hopefully they keep all that and just get rid of the BMX and obscure shit.

Big Pete said:

No Union on any FTA channel apart from Internationals. Still dunno why.

Hard to judge AFL from coverage in Brisbane. You'd need to see how it's covered in Melbourne to get an indication of what they'd do with League up here.

dukey said:
Anonymous person said:
[quote="Bucking Beads":2zkj1pr4]10 because they actually use there HD channels for sport and not garbage. I heard a rumour the other day that One Hd will not be just sport anymore.
yeah its not gonna be a dedicated sport channel anymore, going to more general programming.

I'm hoping it's still heavily sports based though. I've loved watching live NFL, NBL etc. Hopefully they keep all that and just get rid of the BMX and obscure shit.[/quote:2zkj1pr4]

Still be based on sports but will be mainly mainstream sports is what I heard. They have An Idiot Abroad on one hd coming soon and are starting to play movies about sport.

Big Pete said:

Well 7 don't play the AFL live on a Friday night very often. They have a game live on Sunday though.

10 do Saturday afternoon and night footy, the day game is usually live as is the night game unless it is a Lions game at the Gabba which is normally a half hour delay

I would like to see Foxtel get the rights as they show the games live across Australia. The problem for me living in Adelaide is that Ch 9 have the capacity to show different programming in different states - so they show league live in Sydney and Brisbane but put on old movie re-runs in Adelaide and show the league at 4 in the morning. I have no confidence that another FTA station won't make the same mistake. I would be more than happy for 10 to get it though as long as they put it on One HD and show it live

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.