NRL 2023 Finals Week 1 Discussion

Absolutely can be argued it was a loose carry, absolutely. But once the call is made, the stripping action that is present makes it impossible to change the live decision.
I didn't see a stripping action... if the bunker saw one they definitely mention it as reason to keep the call.

He went something like cupping his hand for the ball and it comes loose... I reckon it's a pretty tough call to lose your challenge on

Tell you what though, no one is going to be frightened of Newcastle based on this performance should they go through.

I didn't see a stripping action... if the bunker saw one they definitely mention it as reason to keep the call.

He went something like cupping his hand for the ball and it comes loose... I reckon it's a pretty tough call to lose your challenge on

How would you feel if that call was reversed to a drop if that was against the Broncos? Tough to lose the challenge sure but it was the definition of a 50/50.

Tell you what though, no one is going to be frightened of Newcastle based on this performance should they go through.
They've played a lot of games at Newcastle to close out the year as well.

The crowd definitely makes a difference for them and this will be the last time they play in front of them.

Next stop will be NZ and then Brisbane if they get through that... suddenly they'll be on the road for a fair bit

Canberra need to change angles on those attacks, they haven't done that at all.

How would you feel if that call was reversed to a drop if that was against the Broncos? Tough to lose the challenge sure but it was the definition of a 50/50.
I'd have the same thought... that he's just lost it cold.

If Wighton doesn't jump does he get to that on the full?

He went very early

Canberra has to stop going just side to side, they need to put Newcastle in two minds, throw some angles at them.

This is probably where Ricky should move Wighton into a more prominent role... you'd think he needs to get his hands on the ball.

Wow wow. You really get the sense whoever wins this is cannon fodder for the Warriors if SJ is back.

Unread

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Cavalo
  • Fozz
  • Fatboy
  • porouian
  • Fitzy
  • MrMoore
  • winslow_wong
  • Bucking Beads
  • sooticus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.