NRL 2023 Round 9 Discussion

Just when it appeared the Dolphins were about to level the scores up, Aitken loses it cold and Brenko gets completely stood up off the scrum.

Just when it appeared the Dolphins were about to level the scores up, Aitken loses it cold and Brenko gets completely stood up off the scrum.

I'd rather see them move Aitken to the right and give Te Whare a shot. Brenko has been poor again.

How many opportunities do the officials want to give the Raiders here?

Well, now a Dolphins player will go to the bin here.

Maybe not, no hands between the legs and the referees show some common sense.

What did you make of the tackle compared to Rapana's on Capewell? Obviously we had better vision of the Walker tackle, but they seemed similar?

I think they're very similar tackles with the only real difference being the outcome of the tackle. Both Walker/Ford and Rapana are making a tackle trying to get the player on their back. I didn't think there was much wrong with the Rapana tackle either.

I think they're very similar tackles with the only real difference being the outcome of the tackle. Both Walker/Ford and Rapana are making a tackle trying to get the player on their back. I didn't think there was much wrong with the Rapana tackle either.
Well except for the part where Rapana's shoulder made contact with Capewell's head, then he drove it into his head to slam him on the ground.

As you can see, I'm having a difficult time moving on from it. 😄

Well except for the part where Rapana's shoulder made contact with Capewell's head, then he drove it into his head to slam him on the ground.
Kaufusi did something similar on Matterson last year or so didn't he?

Can recall NSWRL were very upset about that and wanted Kaufusi's head... didn't hear too much about this one though....

Good to see Kodi back himself there. He's still a weapon when he runs the ball and he summed it up well. I actually thought he held it at first glance, luckily the camera man stayed with Connelly.

Good to see Kodi back himself there. He's still a weapon when he runs the ball and he summed it up well. I actually thought he held it at first glance, luckily the camera man stayed with Connelly.

It would have been nice to see him play more of his career at 6.

This is a tough footy team. I'd go so far as to say if they had a decent left winger and right center, they would be playing finals footy this year.

It would have been nice to see him play more of his career at 6.
Look at him go again.

Really happy for him. Back in the day, I thought Jayden was the bigger talent but Kodi has just been a total pro through out his career.

Kaufusi did something similar on Matterson last year or so didn't he?

Can recall NSWRL were very upset about that and wanted Kaufusi's head... didn't hear too much about this one though....
In fairness that was an elbow to the face so I can understand why that would draw more attention. However there wasn't a lot in it either and Felise did give himself some plausible deniability to avoid the send off.

Look at him go again.

Really happy for him. Back in the day, I thought Jayden was the bigger talent but Kodi has just been a total pro through out his career.

I'd agree, Jayden is the more talented of the two but you need more than talent. Kodi as you say is a pro.

Tackle was not late... it's just non stop penalties for "tackling too hard" brought about by diving.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.