PLAYER Payne Haas

IMG 6295

It just doesn’t make sense why he would go to any other NRL club. He’s best mates with Patty and some other guys in the team, he’s at the club with the biggest fan base and most media attention, his teams coming first, and he/his manager apparently likes Kev. No team will blow our offer out of the water unless he’s prepared to slum it at the dogs or tigers. His family is here.

Even being objective as I can be, I honestly can’t think of where else he would possibly go for a better deal?

maybe the dogs to be with his mate TPJ and slightly more cash but then he is back at being a team outside the 8 with a rookie coach.

Maybe to a club with an elite coach but roosters are trash atm, Storm are wonky, and Wayne is leaving the phins in a year. Panthers won’t offer him the same kind of money.

I’m not saying we are the number one destination club but for Haas’ specific situation I just can’t see anything better out there.

It just doesn’t make sense why he would go to any other NRL club. He’s best mates with Patty and some other guys in the team, he’s at the club with the biggest fan base and most media attention, his teams coming first, and he/his manager apparently likes Kev. No team will blow our offer out of the water unless he’s prepared to slum it at the dogs or tigers. His family is here.

Even being objective as I can be, I honestly can’t think of where else he would possibly go for a better deal?

maybe the dogs to be with his mate TPJ and slightly more cash but then he is back at being a team outside the 8 with a rookie coach.

Maybe to a club with an elite coach but roosters are trash atm, Storm are wonky, and Wayne is leaving the phins in a year. Panthers won’t offer him the same kind of money.

I’m not saying we are the number one destination club but for Haas’ specific situation I just can’t see anything better out there.
The wildcard is the people in his ear, re-signing with Brisbane doesn’t seem dramatic enough.

Even the guys on NRL 360 couldn't make a deal work ... despite talking about how good Melbourne would be with Haas in their pack. Melbournes problem is that they wouldn't be able to clear enough space to secure Haas (and as they said, the Storm offer would need to be bigger than ours (probably more than 100k bigger))

They said the Storm had to pull out of chasing Tino because they couldn't make the numbers work.

Hooper (yes i know) did say that clubs like the Bulldogs and Tigers have been ruled out and it would come down to Us, the Storm and the Rorters (he said it was his opinion and hadn't spoken to anyone at the Roosters regarding Haas)

Even the guys on NRL 360 couldn't make a deal work ... despite talking about how good Melbourne would be with Haas in their pack. Melbournes problem is that they wouldn't be able to clear enough space to secure Haas (and as they said, the Storm offer would need to be bigger than ours (probably more than 100k bigger))

They said the Storm had to pull out of chasing Tino because they couldn't make the numbers work.

Hooper (yes i know) did say that clubs like the Bulldogs and Tigers have been ruled out and it would come down to Us, the Storm and the Rorters (he said it was his opinion and hadn't spoken to anyone at the Roosters regarding Haas)
The roosters is always an option but I don’t think Payne Haas solves the issues they currently have there and it would take some uncle nick magic to make it worthwhile - even then he’d be going from a top 4 team to a team about to kiss the 8.

Doesn’t add up. It’s posturing imo

The majority of rumours created in NRL are opinions from the media.

Braith was trying to manifest Bhunt to dogs weeks before apparent talks had started... prior to Bhunt even requesting a release

The roosters is always an option but I don’t think Payne Haas solves the issues they currently have there and it would take some uncle nick magic to make it worthwhile - even then he’d be going from a top 4 team to a team about to kiss the 8.

Doesn’t add up. It’s posturing imo
They're nearing rebuild levels at the moment.

Keary looks cooked, Sam Walker seemingly on the outer, Teddy looking near done, Manu is a workhorse as a fullback, but passes it less than Herbie and their other savior at fullback is off to yawnion, likely next year I'd bet... and BSmith doesnt look to be suiting what Robinson wants to do.

I'd say Uncle Nick is probably looking at spine players more than anything.

Robinson has to figure out what his team needs to look like though, because he's gone all in on 2020/21 Vlando ball except old mate flipped the script on him last year.

Lock up your halves, because Uncle Nick is on the prowl.

They're nearing rebuild levels at the moment.

Keary looks cooked, Sam Walker seemingly on the outer, Teddy looking near done, Manu is a workhorse as a fullback, but passes it less than Herbie and their other savior at fullback is off to yawnion, likely next year I'd bet... and BSmith doesnt look to be suiting what Robinson wants to do.

I'd say Uncle Nick is probably looking at spine players more than anything.

Robinson has to figure out what his team needs to look like though, because he's gone all in on 2020/21 Vlando ball except old mate flipped the script on him last year.

Lock up your halves, because Uncle Nick is on the prowl.

Roosters buy whoever they want whenever they want. Look to them to bring in Luai, Haas and Walsh.

Again i think this is his agent trying to drive his price up, and melb just fucking with us as they seem to enjoy doing.

If payne goes that is a dent, but i would then be on the phone to mofo. He would be on cheaper coin (allowing us to upgrade some key players) and is pretty underrated.

We have big bodies in willison and te kura coming through Who with a bit more muscle can generate momentum in the middle like NAS.

Interesting that Hooper said the Broncs offer is 900k, I imagine we’ll go up to 1.1 and the media make up figures like everyone else but IF we got him for 900k, that would be amazing.

Our entire side for the Gen next ( basically guys 25 and under) must be the envy of everyone else in the league bar Penrith.

1. Walsh
2. Leota
3. Staggs
4. Mariner
5. Cobbo
6. Mam
7. Black
8. Haas
9. Mozer
10. Willison
11. Piakura
12. Riki
13. Carrigan
Hetherington
Te Kura
Sailor
Smoothy
Paix

The Storm grubs can go fook themselves. The cheaters will never win a premiership & Bellamy can rant all he wants. Want these bastards trashed an all sorts. Let’s start doing that in our last round against those cheating grubs.

Generally there’s no smoke without fire so I reckon underhanded agent tactics. Release little bits of info, get the media talking, try and make it look like they hold all the cards when it comes to sitting down and negotiating.
Call their bluff. No one player should ever be bigger than the club.

The desire for a premiership is marketing spin by his PR guys so he doesn't look like a money grubbing mercenary.
EVERY. SINGLE. PLAYER. wants to win a premiership and would probably take slight unders to do so.
However, Haas asked for a release last year when we were winning and looked all but certain to make the finals, he then wants to "test the market" while in a side that is not only offering to make him the highest paid Bronco of all time, but is surely one of the top 4 sides to win a premiership in the next 3 seasons.

Dude is after top dollar ( which i get and dont blame him for) but if you believe the spin about it not being about the money then i don't know what to tell ya.

The desire for a premiership is marketing spin by his PR guys so he doesn't look like a money grubbing mercenary.
EVERY. SINGLE. PLAYER. wants to win a premiership and would probably take slight unders to do so.
However, Haas asked for a release last year when we were winning and looked all but certain to make the finals, he then wants to "test the market" while in a side that is not only offering to make him the highest paid Bronco of all time, but is surely one of the top 4 sides to win a premiership in the next 3 seasons.

Dude is after top dollar ( which i get and dont blame him for) but if you believe the spin about it not being about the money then i don't know what to tell ya.
Of course it’s mostly about the money but even then; surely you would take $1.1m at the broncos or Storm over $1.3m at the tigers, dogs, or dragons.

At the moment. though, Storm would be a sidewards move at best so I just don’t see the point.

Of course it’s mostly about the money but even then; surely you would take $1.1m at the broncos or Storm over $1.3m at the tigers, dogs, or dragons.

At the moment. though, Storm would be a sidewards move at best so I just don’t see the point.
Agreed, but you would think the combination of factors would have led Haas to re-sign already.
* top dollar offer from broncos.
* premiership contenders.
* close to family and incarcerated mother.
* his good mates all play at the broncos or just down the road.

So why hasn't he re-signed?
And don't tell me it's to test the market, as his management would be 100% aware of his worth and what he could command on the open market.

It's because he is waiting on a ridiculous Fifita like deal from a club that will be willing to destroy their cap on him with an unrealistic offer.

Ffs i just want him to sign an extension and put this shit to bed once and for all.

Active Now

• Strop
  • Bucking Beads
  • FACTHUNT
  • blacknwhite
  • Browny
  • broncos4life
  • Ondi
  • Manifesto
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.